Worlds Toughest Tribes -logging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlaker

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
watched a show on discovery channel last night about loggers on vancouver island, Jeune landing I think the place was called..

it was a bit dramatized it seemed to me, but they did a decent job of outlining the hazards. I havent seen axemen as I can't seem to get it in canada, so I have nothing to compare it to. the show was kinda like dirty jobs, but its all about dangerous jobs, so they had the host trying to become a faller... at the end they let him cut down a big tree, but he was pretty sketchy.

anyhow it was interesting I thought, so keep an eye out for it. some nice scenery and some logging action

They did an episode of Tougher in Alaska where the host went along on a few different logging crews and showed helicopter logging, that was pretty neat. That show is pretty dressed up too adding drama to everything, but there is sure is some pretty scenery.

Kyle

I saw that Tougher in AK where they were helicopter logging onto a barge. That looked busy.

I saw that Tougher in AK where they were helicopter logging onto a barge. That looked busy.

That guy on the barge, John Meaders (Columbia Project Manager) lives a couple miles from me. We cut a job for that same crew this past winder over by Fortuna, Ca.

Tree Slinger, I see you're from Ft. Jones. I ride through there once or twice a year. We come down from OR over the greyback into Happy Camp and then over the Scott mts. to Trinity. Then back to Callahan and down the Salmon to Sommes Bar and then back up and over the grey back.

You live in a beautiful area. We're thinking about making a run down there, when and if the fires are ever put out. Love that ride from Etna down to Fks. of Salmon.

Tree Slinger, I see you're from Ft. Jones. I ride through there once or twice a year. We come down from OR over the greyback into Happy Camp and then over the Scott mts. to Trinity. Then back to Callahan and down the Salmon to Sommes Bar and then back up and over the grey back.

You live in a beautiful area. We're thinking about making a run down there, when and if the fires are ever put out. Love that ride from Etna down to Fks. of Salmon.

Yeah, the only part of you ride that is not burning is Grayback, Scott Mt and Etna.

I'm third from left. Looking down on the Salmon river.

ry%3D320

Oh, I thought bicycle. I rode my pedal bike from Oak Bottom up to the Forks of Salmon first thing in the Spring. On the way back down, I was standing up a lot. I lived in the suburbs of Somes Bar and we had a lot of bear problems.
The first thing I got asked when I showed up there was, "What kind of gun do you have?"

The Salmon River has or had some excellent swimming holes. I'd go and soak till I felt frozen through when we had one of the frequent power outages on the hot days. It helped a bit.

I got frustrated trying to lay out and put up timber sales, and then see the units disappear or get chopped up till they were not feasible to log, due to the Del Norte Salamander. That thing was everywhere but still had to be protected. Too hot there for me too.

I ride a Suzuki Hayabusa for touring. Love that road from Sawyers Bar to Fks. of Salmon, where they painted the eyebrows for guardrails. Don't run wide on the corners......

Bummed its burning up. Hope the fires aren't in the Marbles.

I ride a Suzuki Hayabusa for touring. Love that road from Sawyers Bar to Fks. of Salmon, where they painted the eyebrows for guardrails. Don't run wide on the corners......

Bummed its burning up. Hope the fires aren't in the Marbles.

a 'busa for touring? ive never rode one but i'd like to. if i was gonna have a rocket i would want one of the bigger ones just so i could stretch out more.

Latest posts

Back