worst firewood customer ever (long rant continued from months ago)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do I get any points for converting a spud gun to a codfish cannon?

The PEI spud brotherhood will not like that at all I am sure:)

Spud cannon, yeah, that should fix that canadians ass...:buttkick:

Well they have a sense of humor it looks like.

TS already apologized so I guess I don't have to.

I don't care where you come from, if you hang around here, you BETTER have a sense of humor.

Rude canadians, can you imagine????????

Don't do anything stupid.Just let it go there will be more to deal with soon and it will be forgotten.

Yep! You're a better person he is to do something silly. Got'a give you a lot of credit, you put up with a lot of BS. Most people would have given up on that fool long ago. Makes a person wonder where he got his wood last year.

That's why we cut to order a year in advance and the people pick it up on site. Next year I'm thinking of doing something like 'Cut Your Own'. I'll put price tags on all the logs and post the pictures on G'List

You delt with that the best way you could. For the past 4 years Ive run a side business out of my house. Some of the winners ive had to deal with would make your head spin. When I first started I tried to please everyone that came along no matter what. Well not anymore i came to realize that no matter what there are just some people that you cant please. With time you will be able to read them like a book.

You should have asked him how that hope and change is working out for him...

You know whats sad in all this....if something happens to the guy at his house or even outside his home (flat tire, missing phone, theft, ect.) guess who he's going to think about. You. Thats unfortunet and in his mental case perhaps he does what he does to have someone to blame for his misfortune.
This is rough. I dont have any ideas, need coffee first.

thats the only thing i am kicking myself in the ass for, everyone ive told the story to said the same thing "why did you give him the $60 back"?

the only answer i can come up with,, is so that any tie i had with him, is done. if i kept the $60 who knows what this nutcase would have done .. especially now that he apparently knows my home number and address.

:agree2:

That $60 was money well spent. If he decides to see you in court you are going to look very good to the judge. :cheers:

You didn't lose a customer, you lost a headache.

When I first started in business I bent over backwards to make everyone happy. Over time I got to where I could smell a problem child and then I'd get out as fast as I could.

While I hated to do it I said "I'll be right over in about ten minutes, will that work?" She said that it would. I pulled their down payment check out of the safe and headed over with a letter stating that we would not work for them due to communication issues and their misunderstanding of contract terms. I dropped off the check and letter and wished them luck in getting their yard redone.

This is wisdom that few businessmen have. :cheers:

TS already apologized so I guess I don't have to.

I don't care where you come from, if you hang around here, you BETTER have a sense of humor.

Rude canadians, can you imagine????????

Hey, you wanna meet some of my relatives in B.C.?

:D

Walk away and do not look back.
It is over, don't waste any more energy on that dude.
Learn from his behavior and avoid personalities like that down the road.

I deal with joe public all the time, it really helps to fully comunicate, even in writing, anytime you are making a transaction.

Have them inspect the wood when they get it and hand them a paper copy of how the wood should be stored and burned.

Sign a contract/reciept for both parties to keep, take photo of that wonderful tarp--It is so easy now to do this stuff with cell phones and on-line info.

Also from my experience, if someone seems too nice and a little goofy, they may turn 180 and be your worst nightmare. Also watch out for people that complain about the last guy, you might be the next last guy.

Just my .02, always CYA. You were more than nice to that dude, so hard when people yell and do not listen to COMMON SENSE.

You did the right thing!!

You did the right thing.Keeping your cool says a lot about your personality.His wife could have been video taping the whole thing and hoping for you to lose your temper.You just don`t know.Giving the money back and washing your hands of the whole thing is the best thing you could have done.Whole lotta talk about guns and the right to bear arms lately.That situation could have easily turned into one of those farked up gun stories with a bad outcome.You did very good keeping your cool.Good for you!!:cheers:

You did the right thing.Keeping your cool says a lot about your personality.His wife could have been video taping the whole thing and hoping for you to lose your temper.You just don`t know.Giving the money back and washing your hands of the whole thing is the best thing you could have done.Whole lotta talk about guns and the right to bear arms lately.That situation could have easily turned into one of those farked up gun stories with a bad outcome.You did very good keeping your cool.Good for you!!:cheers:

Joe it sounds to me like you know exactly what you are talking about. I have been there also.

Joe it sounds to me like you know exactly what you are talking about. I have been there also.

Ya Wolf, use to be a time when things could be settled (on the playground), without weapons.Those days are gone.Use to be if you insulted me or my integrity and I didn`t like it, I would call you out.If you felt strongly about it, then out the door we went, and you had a fistfight.That was it, end of story, your pride might be hurt, and you might have a blackeye and a bruised ego, but you lived to see another day.And you learned to maybe keep your mouth shut, or it might just get shut for you.Not anymore, people just pull out their gun and SHOOT YOU!!:cry:

Latest posts

Back