Wounded XL113 (con't. Losing battle thread)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rbw,

fwiw: the sez is 40.9cc @ 11.1lb powerhead weight

the xl 100 series is 54 cc later 57cc @ at an average of 11lb powerhead

logically one would think the xl's would have a pretty large advantage

Last edited:
I was just thinking.....

Hey, I have that xl-10? out there.....Its blue, but Im sure it would fit.......

Ok, next question, how does the 100 series saws stack up against the SEZ? Anyone have both who can give me a comparason?

I have both but, Oldbigred kinda summed it up already. One is heavy, slow by today's standard but fairly torquey for it's size. The XL-123 is just a little more of everything. The SEZ and XL-123 even share the same color scheme. The one just looks like a scaled up version of the other.

I guess I would have to compare them side/side, but I always thought my EZ's were fast for their size.

I did just step out into the garage and put the 102 (it was just recently given to me) next to the SEZ and their is a difference in size. From across the room (one on one side, one on the other) its hard to tell, just looks like a different shape.

Id like a 123 someday, prolly the next time I get the new/old saw bug. Either a 123 or an XL-400, their nice too.

I guess I would have to compare them side/side, but I always thought my EZ's were fast for their size.

I did just step out into the garage and put the 102 (it was just recently given to me) next to the SEZ and their is a difference in size. From across the room (one on one side, one on the other) its hard to tell, just looks like a different shape.

Id like a 123 someday, prolly the next time I get the new/old saw bug. Either a 123 or an XL-400, their nice too.

I'm kinda partial to that style Homelite myself. However, the XL-925 that I have is my favorite of the bunch, more of the same but even bigger. The Super XL autos are no slouch either but a different style all together.

I wish they made something that style that was bigger than the 925. Its an awesome saw, but something in the 100-110 range would be and look killer.

Like a Fatboy compared to a hugger.

If anybody comes up with a clutch cover that's not spoken for please let me know

I wish they made something that style that was bigger than the 925. Its an awesome saw, but something in the 100-110 range would be and look killer...

I wonder why Homelite didn't make something in that range for that series. Years earlier they had the 100+ cc saws like the 990 series and even the C-9 was over 100 cc, wasn't it? Then later they had the 650's and 750's in that range. But in between 82 was as big as they went, seems odd.

I wonder why Homelite didn't make something in that range for that series. Years earlier they had the 100+ cc saws like the 990 series and even the C-9 was over 100 cc, wasn't it? Then later they had the 650's and 750's in that range. But in between 82 was as big as they went, seems odd.

C-9 and C-91 were 85cc, just a bit over 5 cu. in. so they were a bit under the 100 cc mark. I can't say for sure, but I'd guess that Homelite didn't make a larger XL series saw because they already were making the 1050s and 2100s. Actually it started with the XP-1000 and the 2000, which both were out already in the mid 60s. Of course this doesn't explain the fact that XL 7xx,8xx,9xx saws were being made and at the same time as C-series saws were still being sold. One case where I wish I was 10-15 years older just so I could have lived during this time and maybe know a bit more about the history of these wonderful saws.

Dan

..I can't say for sure, but I'd guess that Homelite didn't make a larger XL series saw because they already were making the 1050s and 2100s. Actually it started with the XP-1000 and the 2000, which both were out already in the mid 60s...

Crap, I forgot all about those saws. Makes perfect sense, I guess. I'm going to have to get me a 1050 so I don't forget about them in the future...

None here either, but they are nice. I have a C-91 and that's it for this series of saws. I keep thinking its time for a 1050 or a 2100, but I never see any locally and fleabay prices usually go crazy on these. Lots of odds and end parts pop up, but my luck will be if I finally get one, it'll need a part that I can never find. I need to get busy on some of the saws I have sitting around now anyways.

Dan

The 2100 would explain it.

They should have taken that design and updated it, but with the limited tank size available in the SXL chassis it wouldnt have run long with the fuel available.

I had a C-91, strong runner, but its best feature was that it held in the neighborhood of 1/3 gal of gas and a pint of oil. You could cut all day on one fillup.:rock:

Back