Wow just pulled the tiger on one amazing saw. Dolmar 6100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long will this thing go on a tank of fuel? Now I can't go bragging to my buddies about going through 6 tanks of fuel as for how much wood I got.

l wonder wheather the reed induction helps the low and midrange torque on the 6100, dolmar clearly did not slap this model together....it is quite different to other models on the market. Most OEM's have headed in the direction of piston port, for obvious reasons of size/wieght/cost, but l like how the 6100 goes against the general trend and is a true dedicated chassis 60cc saw.

It definitely is a well thought out and designed saw. While I don't like the plastic clutch cover you can't argue with its effectiveness at clearing chips. I put a 5105 cover on because I liked the addition of the rubber/plastic chip guard. Also the smooth surfaces make cleaning and blowing it off much easier. Especially behind the clutch cover/sprocket area. That's not something you usually think but makes quite a difference at the end of the day. The momentary kill switch is another nice touch. Couple that with easy start and quick shutoffs/restarts are a breeze.

l wonder wheather the reed induction helps the low and midrange torque on the 6100, dolmar clearly did not slap this model together....it is quite different to other models on the market. Most OEM's have headed in the direction of piston port, for obvious reasons of size/wieght/cost, but l like how the 6100 goes against the general trend and is a true dedicated chassis 60cc saw.
Ya dolmar has put together a solid saw.
It is impressive how smooth it is for how much grunt it has. As well as flat out screams and has great fuel milage. It is seriously addictive and fun to run.

It definitely is a well thought out and designed saw. While I don't like the plastic clutch cover you can't argue with its effectiveness at clearing chips. I put a 5105 cover on because I liked the addition of the rubber/plastic chip guard. Also the smooth surfaces make cleaning and blowing it off much easier. Especially behind the clutch cover/sprocket area. That's not something you usually think but makes quite a difference at the end of the day. The momentary kill switch is another nice touch. Couple that with easy start and quick shutoffs/restarts are a breeze.
Yes it is a really well put together package. I wish I would have bought it before I cut the last 10 cords of wood. Good thing I have a ton more to cut.
This will be it's first victim this weekend. 20151022_174712.jpg

Pulled the tiger. lol Remember this example from psychology? Works over half the time....

paris.jpg

Ya dolmar has put together a solid saw.
It is impressive how smooth it is for how much grunt it has. As well as flat out screams and has great fuel milage. It is seriously addictive and fun to run.

Yes it is a really well put together package. I wish I would have bought it before I cut the last 10 cords of wood. Good thing I have a ton more to cut.
This will be it's first victim this weekend. View attachment 455450
The 421 is the little brother.....get one[emoji6]

The 421 is the little brother.....get one[emoji6]
Ya that thought has crossed my mind more than once. I just keep telling myself that my 192 is a fantastic little saw (which it is) and there is not enough gap between them to justify it.
When the dealer suggested that I told him I had that covered with the 192. Without missing a beat he handed me a 7910 and said I could have it out the door with a 28in bar for $810.00
Needless to say I can not go back there with my check book or credit cards or I will be coming home with at least one more new saw. Thank god I am stocked up on oil and chains. Well at least 3 months worth.

As it looks to me, the 6100 is a large, heavy, and somewhat clumsy handling 60cc saw, compared to the Husky/Jonsered ones - and the performance isn't quite "there" either.
The somewhat unusual engine design likely is about designing "around" some Husky controlled patents, instead of paying Husky to use them (like Stihl does) - it isn't because it is a better design.

As it looks to me, the 6100 is a large, heavy, and somewhat clumsy handling 60cc saw, compared to the Husky/Jonsered ones - and the performance isn't quite "there" either.
The somewhat unusual engine design likely is about designing "around" some Husky controlled patents, instead of paying Husky to use them (like Stihl does) - it isn't because it is a better design.
Hmm well let's look at this in an honest approach.
The 6100 is almost too narrow. Any narrower and I would feel like I am crossing my arms. Of course I have broad shoulders so it is plenty narrow. As far as heavy the husqvarna 562xp is 5.9 kg, dolmar 6100 6.0 kg. Hell I could lose a 10th of a kg off my left arm alone. Oh and it would not cost me $200 to do so.
Handling lol
Well first thing I did was take the bar and chain off oh my how much easier was the handling taking that on and off then trying to work around a silly outboard clutch. Then I tried noodling some hardwood. Oh my how it handled all those noodles with ease looks like good handling to me. Also the wide torque curve of the 6100 is extremely smooth through the entire cut which makes it very easy to handle while cutting. Kinda what chainsaws are supposed to do cut wood. As far as other handling it is just fine side to side and around logs. There are no outside dogs to catch there are no sharp corner it is very smooth and handles very respectably.
Your argument is pathetic at best. @SawTroll

@CoreyB
Well, if the user is very large and strong, there is a lot that doesn't matter - so why use a saw as small as 60cc anyway?

Apart from that, the 562 doesn't really weight as much as 5.9kg, and the 560 and 2260 weights 5.6 - while the Dolmar weights more than the stated 6.0 - but it obviously doesn't bother you. The bar also is much closer to the center of gravity on the Husky made saws, because of the outboard vs. inboard clutch and general design - making them better handling saws - but I assume that doesn't matter either to such an He-man as you.
If nothing else matters, at least the difference in trigger response and performance/power output should......

Another thread destroyed by the ole Husqy circle jerk. And I have nothing against the saws. This crap is getting tiresome. OP isn't even a fan boy. He was just trying to show off his new saw. I am so damn sick of the same BS being regurgitated over and over and over again. And there is a big difference between what things look like to sawtroll and reality.

Serious question. Does anyone have a link to a wrench to adjust the high needle.
Before you ask. No it does not need adjusted but I would like to have it on hand if I ever need to.

Corey - I just pulled the trigger on a 6100 also. I bought the MasterMinded 6100 Fordf150, (Nate), had for sale. In our negotiations regarding the saw I had the same question regarding a tool to tune it. He directed me to Amazon, they list them individual or in a set, I will be purchasing a set. You will need the "double d" model. Seems like I needed a girl friend that was double d too at some point of my life...

Don't worry about Saw Troll, he has Husky/Jred tattooed on his butt and must have some stock in his portfolio. While I will admit my 346 XP does in fact "handle" very nicely while limbing, if I have one of my other saws in my hands while performing that task it certainly got done with little additional effort. For most other chores I find the "handling" thing much less important. By the way, Randy, (MasterMind), was pretty impressed with the build quality on the 6100, that means more to me than Saw Troll's constant badgering of anything other than Husky/Jred. On another note I have yet to read of a 6100 with starting/carb issues like the Husky 562...

Congrats on the new saw! We will have to compare notes sometime!

. ..... On another note I have yet to read of a 6100 with starting/carb issues like the Husky 562...

Those "issues" mostly turn out to be operator errors, from not looking in the manual that came with the saw.

If you like the 6100, stay away from any 562xp or 2260 - and I'm sure it will serve you well.

Those "issues" mostly turn out to be operator errors, from not looking in the manual that came with the saw.

If you like the 6100, stay away from any 562xp or 2260 - and I'm sure it will serve you well.

While there were certainly operator error issues, it is also a fact that Husky had quite a few that were not. This site and others are full of threads where people had carbs replaced, if memory serves me right I believe Husky is on it's third generation of the carb.

The 6100 I bought was Masterminded, according to Randy this saw was less than a second slower than a ported 562, don't think I need to worry too much about any significant loss of production in a days work.

Oh, for a second there I thought you were talking about Echo again. You say the same thing over and over so often, do you just cut and paste to make posting your crap easier? SawTurd, I try to keep the name calling to a minimum but you are officially an idiot. You have very little credibility on this site anymore...except for the few gay cheerleaders who follow you.

The 6100 is indeed an amazing saw just like the OP stated. Just like with some of the Echo's, the elitist saw crowd has to attack anything they deem a threat to the status quo. Dolmar and Echo are shaking things up...it's fun to watch.

Back