wraptor rap II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not had a dry-spell for five years now. Marriage is nice :) :angel:
Just u wait--u r 2 yrs from that itch...

Kidding, dear!

Used the wraptor to go ~50' up some oaks today, now headed for the shower and will be up for fun afterward, instead of sore and tired.

So it's recouping the investment as we speak!

I was very worried that one of those 4 Wraptor gas caps was going to leak at a very inopportune moment in that vid TV!

Very nice production Mr. Cox.

jomoco

Well I'm not sure about the advertising gimic but the device is very cool. My wife and I are close enough that I do not feel the need to look around. The other day my friend came out to climb a 160ft cottonwood and he set a line and straped on, away he went. The stump was 4ft. through, 60-70ft. to the first branch. When I went to dump chips he came down for a brake, then away he went. It can save lots of energy.

Allright who is putting in their order, raise your hands please. :rock:

Paul offered my one last year for $2000....I wasn't in the mood at the time, though I have known about powered ascenders and been interested since I first saw Graeme McMahon using his Act-Safe unit, nearly 8 years ago. He named it "Beam Me Up, Scotty"!!

I decided way back in January that I would get one....it will be a while yet, but it will happen...now for $2500, of course...but directly from Paul, rather than Wesspur or Bailey's, so Paul can make full profit. He needs it. This has been a pocketbook draining undertaking for him...uber high attorney fees...patent issues etc etc....

Well I'm not sure about the advertising gimic but the device is very cool. My wife and I are close enough that I do not feel the need to look around. The other day my friend came out to climb a 160ft cottonwood and he set a line and straped on, away he went. The stump was 4ft. through, 60-70ft. to the first branch. When I went to dump chips he came down for a brake, then away he went. It can save lots of energy.

I assume that's Dave Stice? He helped with beta testing of the Wraptor...

and is with www.STARRStraining.com Any of you climbers need to hone your skills, look them up. A great bunch of instructors, and cheaper than NATS....(North American Training Solutions.com)

Last edited:
Freaking awesome. He finally got the video up...

The tall blonde is Paul's wife... The other three, well, all I can says is......

it's a good thing my ticker is in good condition....:jawdrop:

It is times like this I regret my years as a bouncer down in JAX/NC. I just do not get anything out of that type of stuff anymore. Though i do admit the ladies were well synchronized.

That was a little confusing. If the promo message is that it's so easy to use that any "girly-girl" could use it and use it upside down then it probably misses the mark with most of the chest thumping tree guys know. Kind of like; "It's so easy a cave man could do it"
Nice video though,
Phil

Ha, that vid was great! I had to watch it twice to make sure I understood the technique... ;)

Looks like a heck of a tool for ascending. I wouldn't mind having one but for $2500 it'll have to wait. Most of our trees top out around 60' here anyway. Not that some don't get taller but we generally have a lower canopy than a lot of other places around the country. As of right now there are other things more pressing on the wish list.

A+ for the wraptor girls though!

I got the demo unit in the mail yesterday. This is a great too, very intuitive to set up and easy to use. I did 60 ft with no effort at all.

I ran my SRT line through several different crotches and did a basal tie-off, then when I got my climbing line tied in we just left the Wraptor on the line to lower down. Sweet!

I wraptored up a huge oak twice today. Once to cut off a large section laying on top of the pool house and went down and then shot my 2nd direct hit about 70' and went up the other lead to knock off about a half dozen big dead barkless widow makers.

I am loving my new cube and new green throw line too. Guess you could call me McLovin. :)

Back