wraptor rap II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yessirree. Yesterday I spent all afternoon on an old oak and had one tuliptree left to prune at 6 pm. with the wraptor I went up 50' no effort and got back to the ground at 6:40, fresh for evening activity. :)

Count me in supposed to get a demo soon but do plan on writing a check as it just makes sense. I feel the energy savings is worth it alone but then factor in production increase it is almost a no brainer work is busy now and I have some more junk to haul also so the extra coin should be made back quick. I have several damaged pines like eight that I was putting trimming off until bucket could get in to safe the customer money. This should be as easy as the bucket for these trees and can keep bid to a more comfortable level for my customers. I have the dough for it was just saving it I feel the time is right for this product my aching mussels will thank me AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH lol

Last edited:
Gotta make sure you don't bid on usual time taken when you start using the machine. Figure how long it would have taken without the machine

Kinda like when you first throw a bucket or crane into the mix.

Gotta make sure you don't bid on usual time taken when you start using the machine. Figure how long it would have taken without the machine

Yup should be able to be more competitive and still make good coin and the best part not be quite so wore out!

That is sort of what I tell my new clients now, bid the job for you to do, not for me to do with you. That way you will feel better paying me what I deserve ;)

I'm trying to figure how to add it into my billing, since it should make me more productive, especially with multiple trees, going to lunch, cleaning gear from a spar... I've already had one offer 30-50 more on my equipment rental bill portion.

The bill is still going to hurt!

little update:

been using the new toy on a regular basis. We probably take it out every 3 days on an average. It is just invaluable to have in the inventory and as I said before it definitely has a little magic in it.

Couple last week....100 footish pos wt pine in a woods on the edge and looming over a neighbor's house that already had been hammered by one of the other wt pines. One bean bag shot (cube/bigshot) and send up the rope and I am zooming up there knocking every branch off on the way up. Blow each co dom in the top over either side of the fence...chunk a few down...slam the stick back in the woods.

Next day as part of other work....giant red oak with a huge dead limb over the neighbor's yard....just one limb in a 120 foot oak. All the climbing that it would take to do a lousy 150$ job would not really be a money maker. Enter the Wraptor. One shot with the beanie/big shot right over the dead limb....natural crotch the dead limb...bale out....no sweat.

Yesterday we deadwood 4 good size pin oaks. Wraptor up each knocking mass deadwood off on the way up....even climbing around a little with the Wraptor attached (eliminates later deflections) Tie in send down the machine and clean up in the top. This thing is hard to describe its value day to day....no matter how old you are or how much you poo poo it....it is a pure and simple money maker. I am lovin the cube to death too.

On a side note....Had to have my Stihl mechanic friend fix the shut off switch as it needed paint ground off to have a good contact. I was choking it off and if you could not turn off the machine and it was advancing you still....well it might not be pretty.

Also the CMI POS ascender literally fell apart 3 days ago that is the safety above the machine (not while using but while installing the ascender). I cut it off with a big bolt cutter and installed an old Gibbs on a biner I had and all is well now.

thanks for update. no probs with the ascender or the switch here so far. It will be a while to pay for itself; maybe by this fall.

i am enjoying the well-rested condition when starting work at the tip, instead of the exhaustion I was used to.

Cube? Is that like a shot bag?

thanks for update. no probs with the ascender or the switch here so far. It will be a while to pay for itself; maybe by this fall.

i am enjoying the well-rested condition when starting work at the tip, instead of the exhaustion I was used to.

Cube? Is that like a shot bag?

Yeah, you gotta get one Guy. The first shot is pure obstruction free without feeding out any line. They fold down to nothing. Look in any of the catalogs in the bigshot/throw line section.

I agree one hundred percent with the benefit of going through the canopy fresh.

E mail from Paul Cox and the off/on switch issue has permanently been corrected.

Also I should add that Paul offered to send me another Wraptor while I sent mine in to use while he fixed it. Nothing but great customer service. Don't want to sound like a salesman....but that would be an easier job than selling mustache wax to Jeff Lovstrom.

Last edited:
E mail from Paul Cox and the off/on switch issue has permanently been corrected.

Also I should add that Paul offered to send me another Wraptor while I sent mine in to use while he fixed it. Nothing but great customer service. Don't want to sound like a salesman....but that would be an easier job than selling mustache was to Jeff Lovstrom.

:hmm3grin2orange: CTSP stache

safe if you wear a certified treeman's stache protector! :)

My beard gets caught in my hitch from time to time :cry:

I'm on a different computer right now, I cannot find the bug that is blocking me from A'Site on "my" machine.

For me the Wraptor has been a blessing, I've been able to finnish jobs that I would have taken two days to dow. Partly my not getting any younger, and partly the dirth of work over the past many moons with the economy, shool and weather. I've not had any "full" weeks to speak of since last year. Paying the bills though FWIW, just cannot get ahead like I would want to.

We have been doing a lot of bigger clumps that my clients have "bid to get" and I have shook my head over the price. I guess if we are all paying the bills it is a good thing :laugh:

Tomorrow I'll be in a little elm thicket which has a 100 ft central stem we will be rigging everything in the backyard from, real urban logging except it is all going to the clients firewood.

One thing i hae seen with The Toy is that I am more willing to set blocks higher, and in adjacent trees then before. It is so quick and effortless that I may be moving back to over rigging hings like I did ten years ago. The 200 ft rope is still like new five months into it's use.

Pics, maybe?

:)
My beard gets caught in my hitch from time to time :cry:

I'm on a different computer right now, I cannot find the bug that is blocking me from A'Site on "my" machine.

For me the Wraptor has been a blessing, I've been able to finnish jobs that I would have taken two days to dow. Partly my not getting any younger, and partly the dirth of work over the past many moons with the economy, shool and weather. I've not had any "full" weeks to speak of since last year. Paying the bills though FWIW, just cannot get ahead like I would want to.

We have been doing a lot of bigger clumps that my clients have "bid to get" and I have shook my head over the price. I guess if we are all paying the bills it is a good thing :laugh:

Hope you get some pics, JPS.
Jeff

Hope you get some pics, JPS.
Jeff:)

Hope you get pis, JPS.
Jeff:):)

Tomorrow I'll be in a little elm thicket which has a 100 ft central stem we will be rigging everything in the backyard from, real urban logging except it is all going to the clients firewood.

One thing i hae seen with The Toy is that I am more willing to set blocks higher, and in adjacent trees then before. It is so quick and effortless that I may be moving back to over rigging hings like I did ten years ago. The 200 ft rope is still like new five months into it's use.

Yep, bills here too. My experience has been the same as yours as far as business John.

Hey John, hope you have a good Memorial Day. Good to see you around again.

I used the Toy multiple times on 5 days last week. The cube, bigshot and wraptor wrope all part of the deal. I have it to where I just tie into the Toy and when I get up top I just tie in with another rope to avoid the awkwardness of transition of climb line from Toy to tree. Then send the whole mess down to the gm and have him pull it out of the way so I can get to work. I don't like to wast time untying and then tying a termination knot if I don't have to.

Sat I shot a crotch and sat back to sit my hitch in and landed on my ass. A small twig broke I saw and forgot about. Glad it did not happen while up in the air for shock load.

We are kidding around and thinking of a line of accessories to go with the Toy. Wraptor gloves....to pull up the throw line....wraptor binoculars to sight any hang up suckers like put me on my ass....etc etc....Just joking Paul, don't worry about any infringement rights.

Last edited:
I used the Toy multiple times on 5 days last week. The cube, bigshot and wraptor wrope all part of the deal. I have to to where I just tie into the Toy and when I get up top I just tie in with another rope to avoid the awkwardness of transition of climb line from Toy to tree. Then send the whole mess down to the gm and have him pull it out of the way so I can get to work. I don't like to wast time untying and then tying a termination know if I don't have to.

Sat I shot a crotch and sat back to sit my hitch in and landed on my ass. A small twig broke I saw and forgot about. Glad it did not happen while up in the air for shock load.

We are kidding around and thinking of a line of accessories to with the Toy. Wraptor gloves....to pull up the throw line....wraptor binoculars to sight any hang up suckers like put me on my ass....etc etc....Just joking Paul, don't worry about any infringement rights.

What is really WEIRD, Is I understood you!
:) Jeffy

Back