• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy WTB: Stihl 020, 020av

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw one 020AV on CL here recently for $200. It looked like it was in good shape. I sold mine a few years ago on Ebay. It would up in a bidding war and sold for over $250 as I recall. Seemed a high price high at the time (good 200Ts were selling used for $350 then). It was all original, even the bar. I had to replace the impulse line to get it running. Got it in a garage sale from a guy that used it once a year and carried it on his RV for a couple of decades. The guy that bought it was thrilled when he got it in the mail. Now I guess they would call it museum quality...

020AV.jpg

Im waiting on a 3/8lp clutch and oiler gear for mine. Dealer said the parts are still available.

I tried to get the oiler gear from the dealer and they ordered it then a week later said it wasn't available so let me know how you make out on that. I wanted to change mine to 3/8ths also. those gears are hard to find and if you do they are expensive. Going north tomorrow will get pics up next week

Big reason I sold the 020AV saw was that the dealers did not carry parts for them any more. I had to make an impulse line out of tubing for it.

I was quoted 35.00 for the gear and the clutch drum. Asked him twice if it was it still available. We'll see it should be in soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He had a fuel line and carb kit in stock. But this is an old saw shop been around along time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a lead on an 020av locally. He says it runs with fuel poured into it, but won't stay running.

yzypu2yq.jpg
ubysuje6.jpg

Is this worth $120 to any of you?

Probably not to me. At that price I'd be looking for picco bar and chain, compression readings, a pic through the exhaust port, and a pic inside the fuel tank. I'm just too squeamish to send good money on a saw I can't physically inspect for myself. You know, buyer beware, and whatnot...

There's a lot of these out there. Mine looks like its only been used enough to use up the chain it came with.

Yeah. That's nice. It still has the metal tag too! :D. Did you paint and race port it?

Back