x mas lites

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you can only put so many starnds together before you need to use another power source. That is why the fuses pop.

How many strands can be placed end to end is lways the first thing I read on the light boxes - that and the total wattage if available. Then I take a look at the circuit breaker for the property's electrical system and figure out how many strands can be placed on each circuit and plan out where each group of strands is going to get plugged into.

I once explained to a customer that we would need 6 separate circuits in order to safely operate the christmas lights in his yard. he said he'd round up the cords and lay them out for me from the outlets. His solution: 2 - 100' 16ga cords strung out from the same dual outlet, each with a 3-way splitter plugged into the end and 3 more 16ga cords strung out from there. All six groupings of lights run off of the same outlet. His answer: "but they're not end-to-end like the box says. Each has its own cord..."

Last edited:
I think you can only put so many starnds together before you need to use another power source. That is why the fuses pop.

How many strands can be placed end to end is lways the first thing I read on the light boxes - that and the total wattage if available. Then I take a look at the circuit breaker for the property's electrical system and figure out how many strands can be placed on each circuit and plan out where each group of strands is going to get plugged into.

I once explained to a customer that we would need 6 separate circuits in order to safely operate the christmas lights in his yard. he said he'd round up the cords and lay them out for me from the outlets. His solution: 2 - 100' 16ga cords strung out from the same dual outlet, each with a 3-way splitter plugged into the end and 3 more 16ga cords strung out from there. All six groupings of lights run off of the same outlet. His answer: "but they're not end-to-end like the box says. Each has its own cord..."

MINI'S are 300 bulbs = 1 AMP... so you can run a boat load off a 15 AMP circut......

the old big glass one are like 9-15 = 1 AMP...

WELL ANY HOW,,
had to back again and take them down... apparently,, now the tree is EMBARASSING !!!to me it was a tree with lites in it... this is why i hate this crap !!!!! NEVER AGAIN !!!

I've been doing this for years now using my bucket. I still do it even though I closed my tree biz. I charge just like I would by the hour for any bucket work. I wanted to ask how you guys attach the lites to the tree? I use bread ties and they seem to work pretty good so as not to cut into the limb or branch. I think there is a better way and would love to hear any suggestions you might have. Thanks

Well, in my vineyard I use a tool called Max Tapener to tie up new vines and cordons to the wire. Its quick for me and I use mine all the time and it would be quick in the tree too I think. I could easily see using it one handed and being tied in with my saddle/rope with no problem. AM Leonard sells em.

Just a suggestion.
tom

Back