X27 $27

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I got called away for an emergency and could not finish the story.

I'm shopping with my wife at wally world for groceries and see a lonely X27 sitting on the shelf and I decide to pull the trigger and see what all the fuss is about. So I grab it and put it in the cart. Some time later at the check out we can't find a bar code on the X27 so the manager goes to find the price. She comes back and says the nearest thing I can find is $27.95 does that sound right and I nod my head...

JT

I'm shopping with my wife at wally world for groceries and see a lonely X27 sitting on the shelf and I decide to pull the trigger and see what all the fuss is about. So I grab it and put it in the cart. Some time later at the check out we can't find a bar code on the X27 so the manager goes to find the price. She comes back and says the nearest thing I can find is $27.95 does that sound right and I nod my head...

JT

in·teg·ri·ty

JT

I think you are mistaken, Walmart stocks the X25, not the X27. And $27.00 is the standard price on that model. bought one myself from Wally World for the same coin.

There was no price, no sticker, no shelf tag just the axe with no bar code, what would you do? Gee MRS manager the market value is between $50 and $60 what do you want me to pay? I paid what the manager asked for... I didn't deceive anyone.

JT

The right thing. You knew the price was more than that, she made a simple mistake. Then you came on here to brag about how you got away it. Congrats.

I think you are mistaken, Walmart stocks the X25, not the X27. And $27.00 is the standard price on that model. bought one myself from Wally World for the same coin.

Could be someone returned an X27 and they thought it was a X25... dunno didn't see any X25's either. Maybe they just painted X27 on a X25... I don't know the difference.

JT

I think Walmart is doing just fine even if they sold an axe at half price, after all they did run a lot of small businesses out of town.

I would have done the same thing JT

I think Walmart is doing just fine even if they sold an axe at half price, after all they did run a lot of small businesses out of town.

I would have done the same thing JT

gotta agree with that one, anytime I get one over Walmart I figure I am just evening the playing field and getting something back. Cant tell you how many times the clerk has loaded the groceries into the cart from that stupid carousel that holds the bags, and we get home and discover an entire bag full of something never actually made it way home with us. I imagine you could say its partly our fault for not checking the carousel ourselves, but when the wife has her arms full of purse, wallet, two little kids determined to get a candy bar out of the impulse isle, and the clerk that grumbles every time when you are trying to check all the bags and getting in her way of bagging the next customers stuff it gets forgotten sometimes. last time we came home minus a $30 pack of razor blades, two tubes of tooth paste, and some other odds and ends. When I went back customer service just shrugged and said, "Sorry, the next customer must have gone home with it. We will call you if they return it." I decided not to hold my breath on that one.

Could be someone returned an X27 and they thought it was a X25... dunno didn't see any X25's either. Maybe they just painted X27 on a X25... I don't know the difference.

JT

Or, as happened to me, I spotted an X27 on a shelf with a price of around 27. I had already bought one so left it there. Turns out that there is something else with name X27 (?Printer cartridge?) and price was for that.

Yes, Wal Mart carries the x27. I just googled it.

Harry K

Or, as happened to me, I spotted an X27 on a shelf with a price of around 27. I had already bought one so left it there. Turns out that there is something else with name X27 (?Printer cartridge?) and price was for that.

Yes, Wal Mart carries the x27. I just googled it.

Harry K

It may be different in your area, but in all the stores around here you can order it online, but it is not in the stores. I checked several hear and a few in the bigger town of Knoxville, and none had it in the stores but you could order it online. But as I said, it may be different in your area.
axe - Walmart.com

I wasn't trying to get one over on Walmart, the manager made me an offer and I accepted it. I don't feel bad about accepting the offer in any way.

For those that think I did something wrong... I won't go there.

JT

Back