XJWoody's monthly oogling & fondling trip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XJWoody

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I usually have to schedule special trips to my local saw shop, as work takes me in an opposite direction, and they close before I come home... Well today my normal dull routine got thrown off the rails & over the trestle, and by some lucky arrangement of the moon & stars, my travels carried me past The Big Orange Sign.

Well, not exactly 'past' it, more like 'right to it.' Like a fly to a zapper. I did have to go a block further than planned. But hey, a guy hasta live on the wild side on occasion.

What was this about anyway... Oh yeah, Ooogling & Fondling @ the saw shop.

While the nice lady was writing me up a quote, I got to try on a BR600, and may have made "engine noises" (vrooooooooooooooooom!!! :jester: ) while I envisioned giant windrows of pesky leaves being blastered towards a fiery grave.

After that episode, (and before the folks from the nut farm arrived to carry me off) I skipped around the corner to the saw aisle. My eyeballs about popped out of my head when I saw a 440 sitting there in all it's glory! I fondled that one extra long, if only just for the nostalgia factor. They had one several months ago, but it had got gone and they only had a 441 for me to ogle/fondle since. I also noticed they either sold the 650 or had it hidden. No big saws to fondle today.

I also got to oogle upon the FS250 that shall be mine all mine one of these times. 41st B-day next month and by golly I need another trimmer & blower.

Just to be fair, I perused the Johnny & Husky wall. Another surprise was a pair of new-style 372XPs and several new Johnnys. No new & improved 346XP to cuddle on though.

Anyways I almost got out of there without buying anything, but grabbed some more Ultra mix & chain oil just because the folks are mostly nice to me. I got treated to a piece of Genuine Stihl Orange hard candy as well.

What did you folks do for fun today?

Must have been a time-release dose?

Good, you ate the candy. I'll send your doc the MSDS..:popcorn:

It took a week to kick in... but dammitall if that candy didn't hit me hard last night.

Another feller on here inquired about that 440 over the weekend, and I offered to be a go-between if he got it (take delivery, pack well & ship it to him) At the same time, I kinda regretted letting it get by me...since I've always sort-of wanted one.

Anyhow the other guy let me know he had found a deal on a MS460 local to him. So, I got a serious case of the "Hmmmms" last night at about 2345. "Hmmmm" I said to myself "Self, if you let that 440 get away, you're likely to never get a shot at new one again." So I gathered my thoughts and replied "OK Self, you have a point, but it's gettin late and yer caterwallin is gettin in the midst of me beauty sleep." We went back & forth for a few rounds, and eventually called it a draw: We agreed to swing by the toy store on the way home from work... Just 'to see' if it was Stihl there.

Blast It! There it sat, stihl on the bottom shelf, looking up at me with those little puppy-dawg eyes that whispered "Hey, you... Yeah You! I'm stihl up for adoption over here, set your cheap azz in motion!" so we peeled off a few beaver pelts, and had the nice lady tuck it away & hold until me birthday next month.

That was some good candy. :dizzy:

Maybe next time I'll drop two hits and gather up a 660 :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Lolol 'oogling & fondling', sounds like in your case it was 'oogling $ fondling' !
:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: *green wit envy*

:cheers: on da new addition!

Serge

Chainsaw poetry, got to read it ! Makes me go soft and I feel the need to visit my Stihl dealer ans ask him for that candy you got :laugh: :laugh:

Congrats on the 440.

Back