Yard sale Stihl 011AVT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GoRving

Looks good, but hasn't been run in years. Fuel lines are brittle and broken. When it quit running, the old man went and bought a new saw, without even taking this to a mechanic. Only decent find of the day, and it ain't all that decent.

Nice looking saw! I have one of 'em, runs like a bat outta hell, and makes a pretty decent climbing/limbing saw. The reed valve scream is cool too...

New fuel and vent lines are pretty easy to install, mine needed pretty much the same treatment after being rescued. Your cases are in good shape too, even the name badge is still intact.

and old saw like that dont put moer then 50 in to it get a new one
Yep, I've learned my lessons about putting too much in some saws(but I still seem to forget)
I've never seen any of them that cheap around here. Mine didn't run and cost 40.00. I spent about 16 or so more to get it going. If you ever have trouble getting it running don't forget to check the spark plug wire. Mine was bad and had a broken reed valve also.
Thanks!!
Nice looking saw! I have one of 'em, runs like a bat outta hell, and makes a pretty decent climbing/limbing saw. The reed valve scream is cool too...

New fuel and vent lines are pretty easy to install, mine needed pretty much the same treatment after being rescued. Your cases are in good shape too, even the name badge is still intact.
Thanks. I hadn't planned on getting another small saw, but it jumped in front of me.:cheers:

Back