Yellow fever is a real condition.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xpropane

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Asking for help, and shared knowledge.
My name is Eric, and I have started a small collection of McCulloch saws. Two of these are a 797 and a 6-10. Willed to my by a mentor and old family friend who passed from bone cancer. This prompted the early stages of my condition. While looking on Craig's list for parts saws I came across a deal for four more saws( all needing some sort of repair) for $300. Seemed like a good deal 1 pro Mac 700, 2 10-10 A's, and a power Mac 6. 3 bigger saws all running right now. The fever is taking hold! Low compression on the 10- 10's and 700 makes me want to rebuild the 700 to start with. Before tearing down I would like to know if I can find parts. Such as quality piston and rings crank to rod needle bearing set. By the way this is the early version of the 700. Interested in light port work if cylinder is in salvageable condition. Saw will be used as a firewood bucking saw not a super racer.

Hopefully you can help me revive these old saws.
Thank you for time., Eric R.

Asking for help, and shared knowledge.
My name is Eric, and I have started a small collection of McCulloch saws. Two of these are a 797 and a 6-10. Willed to my by a mentor and old family friend who passed from bone cancer. This prompted the early stages of my condition. While looking on Craig's list for parts saws I came across a deal for four more saws( all needing some sort of repair) for $300. Seemed like a good deal 1 pro Mac 700, 2 10-10 A's, and a power Mac 6. 3 bigger saws all running right now. The fever is taking hold! Low compression on the 10- 10's and 700 makes me want to rebuild the 700 to start with. Before tearing down I would like to know if I can find parts. Such as quality piston and rings crank to rod needle bearing set. By the way this is the early version of the 700. Interested in light port work if cylinder is in salvageable condition. Saw will be used as a firewood bucking saw not a super racer.

Hopefully you can help me revive these old saws.
Thank you for time., Eric R.
Post in the MAC stickie thread. Lots of help to be found there.

Ron

I have been using my phone so far on this, if it makes a difference? I do not see where to post on the Mac stickies.
Go to the opening page of the Chainsaw forum. At the top under the ads, click chainsaw stickies. Go to McCulloch. Or click the arrow on this:
Yup I think it was 82 or something. Same same just appearance

Ron

Back