You all need to recycle your carburetor based chainsaws and get the 500i

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankly, after getting a 462 recently, I wonder how anybody can realistically expect much more from a chainsaw. Have run 460 and 461 for long time, had a 661, and none of them come even close to this 462. I will be really impressed if the 500 beats it by anything meaningful, and i will try one to find out.

Frankly, after getting a 462 recently, I wonder how anybody can realistically expect much more from a chainsaw. Have run 460 and 461 for long time, had a 661, and none of them come even close to this 462. I will be really impressed if the 500 beats it by anything meaningful, and i will try one to find out.

First time I started up my 461, I got a boner. 5 years later I rehomed it. I've yet to run my 500i, but I expect it to be all that and then some more.

First time I started up my 461, I got a boner.
Well, he's from Montana where men are men and the calves apparently are smart to run away as fast as they can when they hear a chainsaw start up. Actually, I've spent a fair amount of time there and never saw that reaction. I was in the eastern part of the state however.

Ah man this sucks.

I want one!

I'd trade 2 of my 3 Stihl 026's, 1 of my 2 036's, 3 of my five 038's and old beat up 064 for a 500i.
i would like to try one..... for free ..... but wouldn't get rid of a 064 to do it , even if beat up , when did they quit making the 064, 1990's ish or so and it's beat up ?, well i hope so ......ill keep mine , till i cant start it anymore....

Back