You guys ruined my life....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DieselOnly

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
After that first saw (which was a freebie) I found this place...

Then the other saws came along....

Some needed work....and others got work because I decided so, if running is good then looking good is better!

So here I am cutting fire wood....and hey, while I'm at it why don't I find an old wood stove? Well, that turns out to be a lot of fun (feeling all self sufficient, without the resultant loss of sense that comes with being an eco-greenie-weenie).

And here's where things start to go really south really quick...

You CAN-NOT be at an auction or estate sale looking for an old wood buring cook-stove and not see a cream separator.

Well, ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR cream separators later here I am.

And if you know anything about cream separators, or even if you don't let me take this opportunity to tell you, you CAN-NOT be out buying cream separators and NOT see, at some point, a stationary HIT & MISS engine; which can be used to run the separator.

So, ONE, TWO, THREE hit & miss engines later, because they ARE like chainsaws...they come in different horsepower sizes (1, 1.5, 3, 6, etc), Sons-of-Bucks!

But that's not the worst of it! No, not by a long shot. Try, just try and go find one of those little stationary engines and NOT see a tractor! I DARE YOU. You can't! Say you can and I'll fight you!

I thought CAD STOPPED at the biggest saw, and I was fine with that. But, no; I'm ruined. I spend ALL my free-time going to sales, loading things up, dis-assembly, cleaning , repairing, prettying, assembling.....

Anyway, thanks for nothing. I gotta hook the trailer up to the truck; there's a John Deere H model in Nebraska I HAVE to go get.

lol

my cad has kinda leveled out alittle latley. i guess because i dont have anything to cut and im not working so i cant afford any new or project saws right now.

id like to get into milling hardwoods so the project some id be looking for now is a 084 088 880 or 3120 or maybe older saws in the 120cc range

I was gonna write a witty reply to this thread, but the phone just rang and I gotta go see a guy. An xl 12 and two 1074's. OUTTA HERE...................:clap:

Relax, you're still in the early stages. Next comes land, barns, maybe a backhoe & dump truck. If ya work it just right, you might even make a little $ to tuck away for your old age when you can play full time!

John

Back