You know what getts me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That does suck bro but at least you got your money back. My friend is an avid movie collector and about 10 years back paid 400 bucks for some dudes entire movie collection off of e-bay (something like 300 movies) and never got them or his money back. e-bay did close the guys account but he could easily make another.

I would imagine that waiting for three weeks just to find out you were getting stiffed would make it sting a little more. I have only had two problems on Ebay over the years. First was way back when I paid and the seller never shipped the items, this was well before buyer protection came around. The second was not to long ago when a seller decided I got a saw to cheap and he/she doubled the shipping after the auction ended, even sent me a message stating the shipping was raise because it sold to cheap. Problem was the listed shipping cost was already twice what it was going to cost for the saw to be shipped.

There probably was something you could have done about them raising the price after the auction ended. Did you contact ebay about that?

No need for bashing the op, God gives many different talents, spelling and grammar may not be his gift. All of us have some kind of short fall if we are honest with ourselves.

This is true, but every word that you type incorrectly is underlined in red. You can then scroll over the word and right click to see suggested words that are close to what you entered and select the correct word and spelling.

This allows even a poor speller to have properly spelled words (whether they are the correct words is an entirely different matter). Failing to take advantage of the tools that you have at your disposal is another topic altogether. Some people are raised not to have any pride in what they do or produce.

Last edited:
I thought you said you gave him neg rep? He is still showing 100% positive feedback.

The big problem I have with ebay is when they withold payment until you receive positive feedback for an item. They expect you to ship the item before you get paid for it. When they put holds on payments through paypal, I have cancelled sales due to their policy. This applies mostly to expensive electronics. They are trying to protect the buyer but expecting shipment before payment is not the way I do business. If the buyer doesn't leave feedback, you get your money in up to two weeks. If you receive negative feedback for some reason, the buyer has your item and ebay has your money. You have no ability to protect yourself. That is why I mostly sell small items on ebay that are less than $100.

I learned from other ebay people long ago that you should not sell electronic items or jewelry on ebay. They are two of the main targets of scammers. Chainsaws, on the other hand are for hard-working people. The main trouble with see with selling chainsaws is some incompetent people buy them. A used chainsaw seldom comes with instructions and first timers sometimes don't know how to start one or how to mix fuel. I sold a chainsaw once that I had used the prior week to cut a small amount of firewood and it ran just fine. The buyer of the saw told me it wouldn't start and he stated he knew a lot about chainsaws so I figured maybe something happened to the saw after I'd used it. I returned his money, got the saw back, gassed it up and it started on the third pull and ran just fine. I figured the guy was just another of ebay's idiots and blocked him as a future buyer.

I can agree to disagree! I have watched children in this area that have not had parents put a priority on education and the children suffer shortfalls in most frequently english and math. My wife and I took in a 16 year old young man last year that should have been a junior, but was academically still a freshman. In his former home he had been allowed to not attend school for 31 days his first year of High School and just over 40 days his second year. It was a sad situation, he lived here almost six months, he went from failing to being a low B student. He then decided my house was too structured and too demanding for his taste. I talked to the principal briefly a couple weeks ago, the young man is on his third year of attempting to pass pre-algebra. Not all individuals are given the same educational opportunity. Communication occurs on many different levels.

Sorry to derail the thread!

I can agree to disagree! I have watched children in this area that have not had parents put a priority on education and the children suffer shortfalls in most frequently english and math. My wife and I took in a 16 year old young man last year that should have been a junior, but was academically still a freshman. In his former home he had been allowed to not attend school for 31 days his first year of High School and just over 40 days his second year. It was a sad situation, he lived here almost six months, he went from failing to being a low B student. He then decided my house was too structured and too demanding for his taste. I talked to the principal briefly a couple weeks ago, the young man is on his third year of attempting to pass pre-algebra. Not all individuals are given the same educational opportunity. Communication occurs on many different levels.

Sorry to derail the thread!

Not to derail it any further but I've sat in class with lots of people who had an opportunity for an education but couldn't care less about education and didn't even put out any effort to make decent grades. Of course, later in life, they'll say they didn't have the opportunity that others had.

dh1984, I can understand your aggravation.

The seller has great feedback (I didn't see your negative?) and lots of experience selling chainsaws and related items; you would think that one saw not bringing the money that he had hoped for wouldn't be a big deal for him.

I was going to suggest that we ASers could bombard him with stupid questions on his other auctions, but when I looked he didn't have anything else listed. Hopefully eBay took action against him.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Clay, what's with the bashing? The world is filled with all kinds of people. I knew a guy who was completely illiterate who could rebuild a Lincoln transmission properly in the time it took most folks to go have lunch. He was a trainer, and also the highest paid mech-tech in the shop.

if he does or doesn't is not the issue, fact is someone busted on him for his grammar and spelling.

We have the option to read it or not, but making a comment about him personally was uncalled for.

There is a strong possibility that the seller was spooked by the op's spelling and grammar. I would have been.

Would you sell a chainsaw to a ten year old?

I myself cannot decide if dh1984 is a responsible adult or a resident of a group home.

dh1984 has been posting here for some time now, his posts are always in the same context, meaning grammatical and spelling errors abound. Doesn't mean he's not a stand up guy, his AS post is spell checked just like yours and mine. He's here for the help, either get some or give some...just like the rest of us.

Never know...you may be his only friend...doubtful, but possible. Lord knows...we need everyone of them...friends that is, especially the ones who stand up for you when needed.:msp_wink:

There probably was something you could have done about them raising the price after the auction ended. Did you contact ebay about that?

I used the live support to speak with a Ebay rep and we decussed everything and the Rep went through all of the messages we had send back and forth. After all was said in done all I could do was file the report and leave the seller negitive feedback, Ebay has no way to force the seller to honor a agreement. I have no idea what Ebay may have done after that but The Rep told me the seller had other complaints of the same nature.

I have no spell checker when I post from my phone, which I am doing right now. I have the joy of a full QWERTY keyboard on my phone but not everyone does. There are a lot of folks out that only have a internet connection because they own a phone. I know many adults that can not read and/or write a lick, including my dear Grandma. What there is no excuse for is poking fun at someone because their grammar may not be up to your own standards, you are picking on the OP like you are a bunch of third graders. On a related topic, I have actually deleted text messages because it was typed in some kind of short hand bullcrap.

Last edited:
OP, don't forget to edit your sig, it still has that was as being yours. Just sayin'

I don't know how much help we were to the OP, but you all certainly did a nice job hijacking the thread.

If his grammar bothers you that much, don't read the thread. Pissing and moaning and complaining about his spelling is getting a little old. This is a chainsaw site, not an English language class. I don't have a whole lot of education either and I didn't come here expecting to be lectured on how I talk.

I was never smart enough to make a living with my head, so I had to use my hands. I thought that there might be other people like me on this site, but it seems to be more about book learning than chainsaws some days.

And as for the guy who did the personal attack, thank you for showing your true colors. I will be sure to avoid your posts in the future.

To the OP, you need to at least leave neg feedback, so other people will know to avoid this guy.

Hope to hell I spelled everything to suit you guys, If I didn't, don't bother.....

I don't know how much help we were to the OP, but you all certainly did a nice job hijacking the thread.

If his grammar bothers you that much, don't read the thread. Pissing and moaning and complaining about his spelling is getting a little old. This is a chainsaw site, not an English language class. I don't have a whole lot of education either and I didn't come here expecting to be lectured on how I talk.

I was never smart enough to make a living with my head, so I had to use my hands. I thought that there might be other people like me on this site, but it seems to be more about book learning than chainsaws some days.

And as for the guy who did the personal attack, thank you for showing your true colors. I will be sure to avoid your posts in the future.

To the OP, you need to at least leave neg feedback, so other people will know to avoid this guy.

Hope to hell I spelled everything to suit you guys, If I didn't, don't bother.....

Amen brother..

Well... I tried to "clean up" this thread. I had to delete some comments that were made because some of you cats "quoted" the offending posts. So I apologize to those cats.

For cryin' out loud... you're grown men.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back