You know you have CAD when......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You win!! I wouldn't bother to work on a super 2:crazy:
You beat me to that post. I never had luck with those. I had a good one once that I fixed the recoil and put back together got running real nice then when I went to put a bar on it I noticed that post that holds the bar groove on was snapped off. It was probably being used at the chainsaw toss at a GTG.

I actively collected saws for almost 10 years. I slowly put together a collection of about 17 runners. Moving, work, family and other hobbies slowed my CAD and I spent about 7 years "on the wagon" and didn't tinker with saws much at all. Then a craigslist add for a dead saw caught my eye... in last two months I've added 4 more to my collection and spent countless hours tinkering with saws, old and new. CAD has gotten its claws into me again.

When you find an air filter on your bench and for the life of you, you can't remember which saw it goes to.

Currently going through this.

The last I found laying about was later traced to an Alpina I broke up for spares three years ago.

Here's another one: you ask local people if they have any tree that needs to be taken care of because you have a new saw to try.

when you start to think ported saws are slow unless they are race saws with fancy bars and race chains attached

when you are happy with running a saw for about 28 seconds and it ends in you being very glad you wore chaps and still being happy with the run, because you learned something

when you come home one day and these are the Extra Signs in the garage :)
IMG_7203.JPG

when you dream about grinders and move mountains to buy one
IMG_7414.JPG

when you have more than one holy grail on your bucket list and never intend to cut wood with them once you find them
20161129_151557.jpg

when your parts order arrives on a pallet
IMG_7424.JPG

when the Territory Manager from Stihl sends you a 5 gallon jug of obsolete eco-friendly bar oil as a gag gift for Christmas because you "like the weird stuff"
IMG_7425.JPG

Then my friends you have the full blown CAD.
Dave

Or when you have so many saws that the completely cover your shop and you can't move your cutting torch from one end of the shop to the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like auctions. for example $7 got guages ,cutting head with 60 feet of hose between.
Why move the tanks????
(-;

CAD is like a deer hunter wondering which gun to take hunting.
388f666d6b3293d0798eccd0a755f0c3.jpg

Steve

Latest posts

Back