You wont believe my day today!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ropensaddle

Feel Lucky
Reaction score
I am really not certain where to put this post so I will just put it here and see if it gets moved! I went over to do a job today for a four time repeat customer and the last time his neighbor saw me working and wanted a bid to remove two trees over his roof and two foot from the foundation medium to large moderate rigging required but nothing too much out of the norm for a good service. I have told you guy's how bad the market is here with all the illegals and such but now if I can figure out how to get a video uploaded you guys are in for a treat. I witness the hacks of hacks today poco,taco & rico the bare foot climber lol. I have never in all my days doing trees seen such a wild sight and remember I bid this job and the guy has a 300000. home but can't pay a licensed business so he hires the three barefoot bandito"s. This climber climbed no saddle no shoes,no socks and no saw lol. He removed them get this with a machete, He did use ski rope to lower limbs and remember I was trying to do my own job but I kept going back to see the next near ? I really need to upload this so everyone can see it I did not get as much video cause the little illegal kept hiding in the canopy. I will say James the narcoleptic ain't got nothing on this guy lol. I want to hunt turkey the first two hours in the am but I am afraid I will miss the magic moment!

You should have a firewire connection on your camera and on your computer unless your computer is ancient, in that case you will have to use USB. What kind of chip are you talking about Sandisk? If sandisk you should be able to use a card reader and plug it into your usb port. Read the directions on your camera and see what it says about uploading video.

Or just post your camera name and model and I'll look it up for you and try to let you know what you need to do. I want to see this footage.

You should have a firewire connection on your camera and on your computer unless your computer is ancient, in that case you will have to use USB. What kind of chip are you talking about Sandisk? If sandisk you should be able to use a card reader and plug it into your usb port. Read the directions on your camera and see what it says about uploading video.

Yes it is a sd card I am going to hunt in the am then going back to finish my removal large back yard rig down I plan to shoot more video of the three macheteers lol. I will try to upload but don't have a lot of time and I will need to edit the parts with him hiding!

OK, your camera has firewire or IEEE 1394 interface. My suggestion would be to find the firewire cable that should have came with your camera plug it in to the firewire port on the camera and computer, turn the camera on after you connect them and windows should automatically recognize it. It will give you a choice of which program you want to use to capture the footage. I would suggest using windows movie make as it is easy and pretty self explanatory. You can choose to capture the whole video or parts thereof. I would just capture the whole thing then edit out what you don't want to include through the windows movie maker program. Not very hard.

Here is a link to show you what kind of cable and connectors you are looking for:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FireWire

You could also use a card reader for the sandisk if you wanted but I have only used one for still image cameras. Not too complicated, you just buy a card reader that the chip fits into and plug it into a usb port. It should allow you to choose what program you want to use to capture the video. Again, go with Moviemaker. It's simple and easy. You could install the third party capture software that came with your camera but it has been my experience that most of the time it's more complicated than widows movie maker for us novices.

Good luck!

Oh yeah, another good thing about Windows movie make is it will automatically break your video down into small clips. You then need to go to www.photobucket.com and create a free account (if you don't already have one) and upload your clips then copy the html code to embed them here. Photobucket only allows you to upload 5 minute clips and that is what is so nice about having windows moviemaker break them down for you.

A few years back in my neck of the woods, a julio like that who fancied himself a tree man, went up a tree over a primary just like how you descibed. Barefooted with a machete. Big front page picture on the daily herald with the caption "20 minutes in a burning tree!". Guess what he did wrong. Best part was his name and the name of his landscaping/tree removal biz were printed. Wonder how many bookings he got off of that. Still got the paper somewhere.... Anyway, fire department had to bring a ladder truck out to get him down cuz he didnt have a rope or saddle.

OK, your camera has firewire or IEEE 1394 interface. My suggestion would be to find the firewire cable that should have came with your camera plug it in to the firewire port on the camera and computer, turn the camera on after you connect them and windows should automatically recognize it. It will give you a choice of which program you want to use to capture the footage. I would suggest using windows movie make as it is easy and pretty self explanatory. You can choose to capture the whole video or parts thereof. I would just capture the whole thing then edit out what you don't want to include through the windows movie maker program. Not very hard.

Here is a link to show you what kind of cable and connectors you are looking for:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FireWire

You could also use a card reader for the sandisk if you wanted but I have only used one for still image cameras. Not too complicated, you just buy a card reader that the chip fits into and plug it into a usb port. It should allow you to choose what program you want to use to capture the video. Again, go with Moviemaker. It's simple and easy. You could install the third party capture software that came with your camera but it has been my experience that most of the time it's more complicated than widows movie maker for us novices.

Good luck!

I have hooked that up but nothing happens I have the video but I think it was in video mode I see there is a switch from video to memory mode and was wondering does it have to be in memory mode to capture it? Is there anyway of getting it on a memory anyway I am not good at this but I have incredible video 700 zoom bare feet and all I rewinded it it is on the camera just don't know if it went to card? card was inserted!

Definitely looking forward to this video.

Running bids one evening a few years ago, I ran into a group like this, LOL they did have shoes though I think. I had to pull over and watch for a few minutes.

But yeah they sent this young guy up this big maple leaning towards this old house, someone lived in, maybe them. This guy shimmed up about 10 ft past the ladder and pulled a saw up on a cheap 1/4inch rope.

This guy takes this dull ass saw and just starts cutting, no notch, just starts cutting into this tree, knowing it was going to crash on this house. They had 6 others standing on the roof in the corners waiting with 3 other dull saws.

It dropped right on the house and the others went to work cutting it up and throwing it off.

They got lucky and it looked like nothing really got damaged but there's always tomorrow.
captaincaveman.jpg

Last edited:
I have hooked that up but nothing happens I have the video but I think it was in video mode I see there is a switch from video to memory mode and was wondering does it have to be in memory mode to capture it? Is there anyway of getting it on a memory anyway I am not good at this but I have incredible video 700 zoom bare feet and all I rewinded it it is on the camera just don't know if it went to card? card was inserted!

As long as you can play it back on the camera you have it recorded. Let me look up the instructions for your camera and I'll see what you need to do.

As long as you can play it back on the camera you have it recorded. Let me look up the instructions for your camera and I'll see what you need to do.

deal I must of had sound off but I can see everything clear too bad on the sound though as I had great commentary play by play ole Howard Cosel would be proud lol man the turkeys are going to be gobbling soon and I have the rest of that tree to do so lets try tomorrow k?

Looks like memory mode is just to transfer stills to the memory card Rope. You should be able to connect the cable to the computer, turn it on in play mode and the computer should pick it up. If not you might have to manually install the driver but if you are using XP or higher windows I would highly doubt that. Is the computer even recognizing the camera?

deal I must of had sound off but I can see everything clear too bad on the sound though as I had great commentary play by play ole Howard Cosel would be proud lol man the turkeys are going to be gobbling soon and I have the rest of that tree to do so lets try tomorrow k?

You betcha. I've got a light day tomorrow and will be around in the afternoon. You still got my phone#?

Looks like memory mode is just to transfer stills to the memory card Rope. You should be able to connect the cable to the computer, turn it on in play mode and the computer should pick it up. If not you might have to manually install the driver but if you are using XP or higher windows I would highly doubt that. Is the computer even recognizing the camera?

laptop vista

Latest posts

Back