Your favorite saw to run

• Thread starter Deleted member 149229
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For firewood cutting my Poulan 4000 , for big wood my 8500, for limbing my S25CVA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My all around go to saw for firewood right now is a husky 555. Unless i get up over 20". Its not the fastest or the lightest. But its a nice smooth balance. If im in a hurry under 20" i grab the 562xp. Over 20" either the 390xp or the 298xp both are fun in there own way. Just picked up a 550xp for limbing we'll see how it goes. My personal favorite saw just as a saw for sentimental reasons is my mint 61 with a 272xp top end mm and no base gasket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I ran my 026, a 441 with a standard carb, and my ported 350/346 today doing a lot clear in northern Wisconsin. I was with two other guys. On more than one occasion I turned around to pick up the Husky from where I had just put it only to find it missing, and upon further investigation, I would spot it in one of the other guys hands. Both of these guys are stihl heads and both of them were floored by that little husky. Definitely star of the show, and one of my favorite saws to run.

My Poulan 4000 with a 24" bar

xjeuwlJ.jpg

This is an easy one. My Husqvarna 51. The little saw with a bad attitude. All it wants to do is make chips fly and it does it with gusto. This saw is the Eddie Haskel of my collection. And, yes, it does have an attitude.
One of my best friends wants me to buy one of these for him. He says he would rather have a 51 than a 350. Go figure. He already owns a 353, but that 51 fascinates him.

Latest posts

Back