Sort of a compliment to "Wish List", Your Favorite saw to run is?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your question about the "go to saw" kinda had me stumped. I use all of my saws for different things BUT....... its gotta be the 046. I love my 660 and love my 440 but when i am dropping 16-30'' hardwoods i absolutely love the 046 with a 24'' bar.

For the wow factor I like the 660 8 pin with a 20''er but i would probably never use it like that for real work.

Weim where in NY are you we should all get together someday this summer for a central NY GTG.

so far this year my go to saw has been my Mac 10-10 but all I have used it for is cleaning up the yard and keeping the power co. off my back.

later on it will be my 441, 032, and 066 pulling firewood duty there the go to saw will be the 441.

for fun cutting cookies the homie 770D gets the call, way too much fun.

My #1 saw for the big stuff:

Husky 395XP muff modded 28" B&C

Best all around saw:

Dolmar 7900 muff modded w/ HD filter kit, 24" B&C

For me It would have to be my 066 with a 32" bar and full wrap, thats the saw that I grab for eveything. It's got power to spare, the weight isnt to bad for the amount of power and the bar length lets me reach stuff down low wih out having to bend over to far. By far my favorite saw

101_2251.jpg

When I want a real work out (or for the rare real big tree) I break out my baby... MS880 with what ever bar suits the needs at the moment. I've got bars ranging from 30-47" the 30" and an 8 pin rim makes for a real good time for a couple tanks. Slap the 41 or 47" bar on and then it gets a little nose heavy but still fun when those are burried in oak. It's the only saw I've ever bought new, to heavy to be my go to saw, but there isnt a day that I regret buying it either. On the plus side in 20 years it may just be one of the close to mint saws every one likes to drool over :msp_tongue:

StihlSaws041.jpg

Great thread.
It all comes out strange for me. My 026's are being ignored for the Partner 500/5000's.
All my middle level Stihls don't get past a 365 when medium size wood is on offer and when the chips are down I reach for the 395.
When I have to cut big stuff it is still the old 090 that gets the nod.

Funny though, the last two loads of firewood I cut were with an old Poulan Pro 375. It just makes me smile.

P2130625.jpg

Al

Latest posts

Back