Your first?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a little polan than onto a Mac 10-10 that i ran for years selling wood until recently when i lost the air filter and had to stop. still got it

First I ran was a little top handle stihl, just trimmed a few boards when we were building a corral.

First I put any real time on was a Homelite XL12.

First I bought was a Homelite 340.

The first saw I ran was a Jobu badged Frontier.
The first saw I owned was a McCulloch Super 44 that my dad gave me.
The first saw I purchaced was a Jonsered 2050.
The first saw I wanted but couldn't have at the time was a J-red 670.

Homelite XL - it must have been in 1979 or around there:greenchainsaw:

First saw I ran was a stihl 026 in around 1994. My first saw I bought was a stihl 044 in 1996. The 044 still gives me goose bumps when I run it

Chris

Dad's Homelite Zip, circa 1960, now donated to an AS member.

I still have its replacement, a 1980-ish ProMac 655. He replaced the Mac with a Husky 55R & said "If you can fix it, keep it".

First ran was a little mini-mac top handle purchased by a landlord for my cabin in deep redwoods. A year later I bought my 026, after much debate vs. the husky 55.

First ran was a craftsman i dont remember the model it was small i could
cut faster with a rusty hacksaw was about 1976.my first saw of my own
was a poulin.i bought for 60 dollars from a crackhead it was still in the box.

I learned on my father's XL-12 when I was 12-13, It was probably at least 15 years old then. Now 26 years later my father still has the saw, and it still runs great.
The first saw I ever purchased was the merc/disstion last summer for $75.
All my other saws have been given to me in various states of disrepair,
the best being the nearly new Stihl 036QS that needed about $100 worth of parts. Idle was set to high and melted the brake ass. cover. While it was apart the previous owner lost a couple of parts. CSW

It was back in about 1969, I believe, when my dad started phasing out his 090Gs, and replacing them with the venerable 051s. The 051s were state of the art back then, and nobody wanted to even look at any of the 090Gs that still resided in inventory. The company was selling off some really nice 090Gs, for $25.00 each, and I wanted one so bad I could taste it. But my dad had a foreman with an old, clunky Homelite 5-30N, with two 34-inch bars and chains, for sale for $5.00. So I caved in and bought that big old Homelite. I was 12 years old at the time. I bought a used 040 about a year later, also from the company, that had an 041 air cleaner cover. I used that saw for years, and made good money with it. But finally, it just shook itself to pieces, and in about 1976, I paid cash for a brand new 041 Farm Boss. I have the saw away about 10 years ago, and I wish now that I had not.

i was barely seventeen and i once killed a man with a fender guitar.....

i remember it was an old broken homelite and we poured 10 w 30 out of a bottle onto the bar because the pumper hickie was broken....cut off a couple old fenceposts for the heck of it....was about 10...my father beat me with everything but a boat oar.....

first bought a new stihl 250....still have it in fact....somewhere

My first saw to use was a Pioneer 600 that my father bought new in 1957,it was given to me when I turned 13 and I used it for years,still have it. First new saw was a Pioneer 1450 bought new in 1966,still have it and it runs awseome. Pioneerguy600

Back