Your Opinions of Wood Inserts by Enerzone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty99

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking at putting an Enerzone wood insert into my fireplace. Specifically the model "solution 2.3-I. I'm considering this insert mostly for the cheaper prices compared to other brands and models ($1535 Canadian)

I'm not intending to heat my hole house with it but want to get as much heat from it as possible. I would prefer something made of cast iron but the price is about triple.

what are your thoughts and experiences with Enerzone inserts?

Here is a link to the website
http://enerzone-intl.com/product.aspx?CategoId=7&Id=419

Thanks Rusty

have you checked out Pacific Energy , they are also a Canadian manufacturer http://www.pacificenergy.net/ , I have a Pacific insert , and it heats my 1300 sq ft or as you canucks would say 120.77 sq.meters house nicely
biggrin.gif

3-12-2006036.jpg

I have the 2.3I from enerzone, friend of mine has the 2.3 free standing and loves it. That was alot of the reason I went with Enerzone. I can keep my basement at 70F easily and the back half of the upstairs at 65 or so. My two biggest issues are my windows are old and drafty as well as a few of my doors(just bought the house last june so many things to do to seal it up better). The other one is unchangeable, the fireplace was put in a location that actually faces the end of the house(about 10 feet from the wall) and doesn't direct the heat to the entire house(towards the front). I've only used about 3/4 a barrel of fuel oil so thats good and I haven't got the driest wood to work with either. I'm very happy with it. I'll get you some pics as well.

Trbo

Anybody else have an opinions about Enerzone products, I did look at pacific energy but the cost was alot more.

Just got your PM Rusty. I have to go get my camera to take a few pics of the basement anyways but first have to go work on a frozen water line at a friends house. I think for my existing fireplace that I could have gone with a larger box but it does very well. I'm heating about the max square footage it allows for and the location is not the best for the direction it blows out or the fact that I have some drafty doors and windows that will be replaced next spring.

Trbo

Hey Trbo,
I hear ya about the drafty windows and doors. I'm currently working on my windows by pulling off the decorative trim and putting spray expanding foam insulation in gaps. Made a slight difference. trouble is my window are 30yrs old, so only double pain and no gas in them.

doors are my next project after the wood insert gets put in.

Did you install your insert your self? Do you remember how much your insert cost you?

Hey Trbo,
I hear ya about the drafty windows and doors. I'm currently working on my windows by pulling off the decorative trim and putting spray expanding foam insulation in gaps. Made a slight difference. trouble is my window are 30yrs old, so only double pain and no gas in them.

doors are my next project after the wood insert gets put in.

Did you install your insert your self? Do you remember how much your insert cost you?

I've done some sealing on the doors but am going to replace them along with storm doors this spring. Windows are going to be done a lil at a time and I'm going to get some insulation to shove up under the floor joist where the block wall comes up, nothing there now. Yes, installed the insert and stove pipe ourselves, with help from a few friends. The mansonary chimney was an 8" so running a round 6" up it was easy, biggest thing was had to make a few 45's to get it set on the stove. Faceplate I had to go with the large one as my front opening was really wide, so it kinda makes the stove look small.

I belive I paid right around $1800 for the insert, door cover and faceplate. I picked it up and installed it. Nother $100 in pipe and materials I think.

Trbo

Back