Your thoughts on a new saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a bit of a bad weekend a few weeks ago. Two saws went down in one session. The 1st a ported 346 popped a circlip, the 2nd a Dolmar 5000 had a lean seize.
Both are running now after swapping out the pistons. the circlip wrecked the piston but the cylinder was fine. After a clean up, and no scoring. It was a meteor piston and circlip.
The dolly had a lean seize, only light but enough to kill the piston. Plug color was fine, but i had worked it hard before it stopped. We found a slight leak on the inlet boot which probably caused the problem. New piston, clean up job done.
I probably worked both saws hard on that day. I think I have to get something a bit larger!!

Had a bit of a bad weekend a few weeks ago. Two saws went down in one session. The 1st a ported 346 popped a circlip, the 2nd a Dolmar 5000 had a lean seize.
Both are running now after swapping out the pistons. the circlip wrecked the piston but the cylinder was fine. After a clean up, and no scoring. It was a meteor piston and circlip.
The dolly had a lean seize, only light but enough to kill the piston. Plug color was fine, but i had worked it hard before it stopped. We found a slight leak on the inlet boot which probably caused the problem. New piston, clean up job done.
I probably worked both saws hard on that day. I think I have to get something a bit larger!!
Always use OEM circle clips. The after markets are known to fail.

Latest posts

Back