Your thoughts on which to buy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbutler

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking at 2 saws and thought i'd try to get some input.

Sthil MS 260 Pro and MS 361
Saw will be used to trim palm trees and oaks at home but I recently bought an acre of land in the country that is wooded - Palms Oaks and brush I want to clear on weekends to eventually put a weekend home there. After it is cleared It will be used mostly for cutting firewood.

I looked at both and am leaning towards the 260 pro as it is 3 lbs lighter and at almost 50 years old weigning 160 lbs thought it might help in working a day cutting with the lighter weight but dont want to buy a saw that is under capacity. Both have a 20 inch bar on them and the price difference to me is in not a concern.

Your thoughts?

Thanks

I am looking at 2 saws and thought i'd try to get some input.

Sthil MS 260 Pro and MS 361
Saw will be used to trim palm trees and oaks at home but I recently bought an acre of land in the country that is wooded - Palms Oaks and brush I want to clear on weekends to eventually put a weekend home there. After it is cleared It will be used mostly for cutting firewood.

I looked at both and am leaning towards the 260 pro as it is 3 lbs lighter and at almost 50 years old weigning 160 lbs thought it might help in working a day cutting with the lighter weight but dont want to buy a saw that is under capacity. Both have a 20 inch bar on them and the price difference to me is in not a concern.

Your thoughts?

Thanks

Firstly welcome to AS. Regarding your post, there are probably not many people running these saws in this (miling) forum. You'll get more appropriate feedback if you post this in the Chainsaw forum .

Cheers

Hello and welcome to AS. Although this is a milling forum, I will offer some advice that you might find helpful, since I also have a firewood business. The chainsaw foum will offer you some help also.

I'm 51, and my vote goes to the MS361; here's why: power. Although there is a considerable weight difference between the two saws, the 361 will cut faster, hence less time spent bent over and less time on the legs. I own both saws and the 361 is my "goto" saw 9 times out of 10. Also, since the 361 has been replaced by the new MS362 you can get a better deal on one. Also the 361 is a weighs a little less than the newer 362.

When you get your saw, take your time and be careful, wear protective clothing and use eye and hearing protection.

Last edited:
i got a260 pro its ok but small i push it to hard , i also have 2 036 pros they are more suited for getting it done over all i even got a 20" bar on the one.

Back