Yuppie Logger Seeks Big Wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbabcock

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Somehow, I don't think this East Coast backyard firewood is up to this particular saw, though it may be up to this "logger"...

Hey, creep, get back to werk on me saw!!!

or i'll sic that metalflake Cman on ya!!

Doug's 3120

Allright DB,
Looking good; need a bit larger log. My wife thinks your better looking than me, also wonders why I don't dress a little nicer when I'm testing saws? see what you started.
kdhotsaw

Doug,

LMFAO, man alive Ken sure did a number with your saw, looks great. Bet your neighbors love that thing. Nice touch with the tie though.

Now i have seen it all

The suit and tie thing in the woods would be bad enough but to REALLY get attention, wear the logging clothes and bring the piped 3120 to work!

Hello DB,
Looking at that photo again I'm beginning to think you have the same virus that john lambert (gyro) has caught. It all starts out innocently enough, Can you pep this saw up a little, then can you put a pipe on it, will this saw cut faster running it on alcohol?, How much will it help building a head with a smaller combustion chamber, If I compete in some of the local contests should I get one of uncle arts chains? yes db i think your catching the chain saw virus also. stock saws suck. lol
ken
kdhotsaw

Ha!! If saws were the only diversion I had, I might be treatable. Unfortunately, they aren't. This pic is another diversion in my basement, where things get err..."Babcockized" (from an alien language, translation: "trouble")

Here's the setup to get on ArborSite....yikes, gotta go..past drink time and that pesky garbageman is rotary-spading the lawn again.

Bravo! Nothing I own is so neatly organized. Tell me, how many of those things are radios? I see an oscilliscope but can't identify the rest.

Yeah, Sedan, that's a scope. No radios, but I have restored a few old ones in my day, along with designing some new ones. The equipment consists of signal generators, power supplies, meters and the like. I get into all sorts of trouble with it. Baseband radar jammers, anyone?

Here's one of my wood shop. I love building things.

Well, if cuttin; the piano doesn't interest ya, how 'bout throwing a loop of carbide chain on that 3120 and seeing how long it takes to cut the beemer in half! :blob6:

Nice shop! Lessee, there's an old Jet table saw, DeWalt scroll saw and CMS, little Delta planer, and is that a Delta jointer? I like the Delta variable speed drill press. Someday I'll dig up the funds and buy an old one.

Nahm would be proud.

Back