Zama carb Stihl Conspiracy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funky sawman

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
It seems after the stihl to zama buyout in 2009, Husqvarna saws that use zama carbs have been total crap (the carb not the saw). My opinion on the matter is that Stihl is in bed with zama now and they are sending DOG POOP carbs to husqvarna to ruin there sales and boost the stihl saw sales, call me crazy but it makes sence.
LETS MAKE A STAND.............................. NO CHINEESE DOOOG POOP ZAMA CARBS on husqvarnas

You mean you don't rike dat Chinee carbulata? made by WEEFOOYOO
Never use compressed air (from an air compressor)on one,there is a check valve internal you will cook.(soak in cleaner)
Max pressure to clean out passages is the red tip from a carb cleaner can.
I have had good ruck doing it this way.
they are fairly easily to rebuild.
Walbro carbs Woop ASS!
Mark

It seems after the stihl to zama buyout in 2009, Husqvarna saws that use zama carbs have been total crap (the carb not the saw). My opinion on the matter is that Stihl is in bed with zama now and they are sending DOG POOP carbs to husqvarna to ruin there sales and boost the stihl saw sales, call me crazy but it makes sence.
LETS MAKE A STAND.............................. NO CHINEESE DOOOG POOP ZAMA CARBS on husqvarnas

SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!...its supposed to be a secret:D

What about the ones on Echo Weedeaters, I'm almost out of my secret stash of old Walbros to replace em, might have to break down and order some kits. Anyone else notice the subtle differences in the castings sometimes in the same series?

Isnt it a Zama carb. that is used to make the 357/359's actually run?

Oops…yup, my mistake…it is a 1702a. You are correct, it goes to my Wildcat. I was hoping maybe Stihl put one them in their models (then there is a chance out local Stihl Shop might have the kit on the shelf). When I called them this morning, they said they couldn’t go off the Carb numbers…they needed a Stihl Model number….

Oops…yup, my mistake…it is a 1702a. You are correct, it goes to my Wildcat. I was hoping maybe Stihl put one them in their models (then there is a chance out local Stihl Shop might have the kit on the shelf). When I called them this morning, they said they couldn’t go off the Carb numbers…they needed a Stihl Model number….

You'll need to shop online then. They are available from lots of suppliers, e.g.:

https://www.repairclinic.com/ProductDetail/1157991

Latest posts

Back