Contemplating current production 30cc class top handle saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3/4" would probably be perfect. This 1" is a little bigger than ideal based on my gut instinct. I've got a tube on the 352 after messing up that port cover and making a saw that'd kill your ears and lost it's torque. I forget what size that one is, but I can measure it later if you care? That one will free rev to 17K but still seems to make the most power around 9500 in the wood.

There's oodles of free trees on CL down here, Dave. I hauled the birch North because no one would take it and the grass was dying under it. They took all the little piddly crap (complete with mushrooms :eek: ) that would've gone in our yard waste bin, but left the good log chunks. Didn't make any sense to me. So I took the good stuff up and added it to my splitting pile. :D
for sure jim, most people don't know good free wood if it landed in their yard for free... lol ? unless you loaded it in the stoves for them all heating season!

3/4" would probably be perfect. This 1" is a little bigger than ideal based on my gut instinct. I've got a tube on the 352 after messing up that port cover and making a saw that'd kill your ears and lost it's torque. I forget what size that one is, but I can measure it later if you care? That one will free rev to 17K but still seems to make the most power around 9500 in the wood.

There's oodles of free trees on CL down here, Dave. I hauled the birch North because no one would take it and the grass was dying under it. They took all the little piddly crap (complete with mushrooms :eek: ) that would've gone in our yard waste bin, but left the good log chunks. Didn't make any sense to me. So I took the good stuff up and added it to my splitting pile. :D
I've been pretty happy with staying with exits that are about the size of the carb venturi. But my 360t might get a bolt on tube like the set up you fabricated looks good and screen optional for certain jobs

Oh yeah I did forget that I also have a old husky 136 carb I bored out to directly fit a 360t. Still needs a carb Kit but it did run and idle in the sub zero temps currently still running stock carb on my saw

I put the screen in to add some restriction. I kinda got carried away with the die grinder when I was opening the passage in the mounting plate. :innocent: Wasn't supposed to be as big as it ended up. :laugh:

I put the screen in to add some restriction. I kinda got carried away with the die grinder when I was opening the passage in the mounting plate. :innocent: Wasn't supposed to be as big as it ended up. :laugh:
That's ok tho. It's a replaceable bolt on part. Make a few different sizes and that can tune a saw for different loads of power n torque

Guys at the next mn gtg I will also have my new 22.3cc 150t. It packs a pretty good Lil punch now that it's about broke inn. Hell il run full bar with it. Stock they are only good to 4" and no pushing

I looked at those, and they seem to do well with some tweaking. In the end, the entry price of the Echo and the speed of cutting won out. If I end up doing pruning on the side I may end up with one. Nice little package!

That's ok tho. It's a replaceable bolt on part. Make a few different sizes and that can tune a saw for different loads of power n torque

Yep, that's why I didn't care - it's not like I have a bunch of time into it. If these are the same size as the 352's (which I think they are), I'll be trying it on that one and trying the one I have on it with the 355t as well.

Yeah my echo isn't scared of anything big, heavy, hard or soft. But yeah as a climber the Lil saw was a gem when hanging out rope n saddle when my boss got 2 of the 150t. He would not let me pull the caps to tune it to run good so I bought mine never fueled and modded it timing, exhaust and caps and run it fat for break in. It's been good to me but it has its Lil qwirks like plugging up in the clutch cover so I ground out a Lil slot to hopefully let **** sling out. It was designed to let chip sling out the bottom and front top side probably to help prevent the user from getting covered with chip.

Well Jim and chucker. The races are on for chisago county fair this year. Hope yall can bring the top handle saws and let the chip fly

I'm not super happy with this tune, but it cuts well. The low adjustment doesn't seem to do all that much to the idle speed, but it really hoses the throttle response. I don't know if that's the CDI messing with things or what? Based on the service manual, this has 6 degrees advance at idle and goes up to 32ish at 11K (I forget exactly), before then limiting out at 13,5-14,5K. Mine sits on the limiter at 13,9-14K depending how fat I've got it.

If I mash it into the wood, it'll drop down below 11K, but I've gotta lean on it for that. :laugh:

I need to get some real chain to see what she's capable of.

Starts from cold or hot like buttah (duh, it's an Echo). I just don't like the slight bog when I jump on the throttle. Maybe it needs more break-in? This has less than 20 minutes run time on it.

If I mash it into the wood, it'll drop down below 11K, but I've gotta lean on it for that. :laugh:

I need to get some real chain to see what she's capable of.

Starts from cold or hot like buttah (duh, it's an Echo). I just don't like the slight bog when I jump on the throttle. Maybe it needs more break-in? This has less than 20 minutes run time on it.
Youl like it when it's broke in. Turn ur low needle out a tad bit that will help with the Lil bit of stall when you pop the throttle. Runs great

I like it now, but it's got some room for improvement.

I'll definitely play around with the low adjustment a bit more. Not being able to make the idle move with it messed me up.

I like it now, but it's got some room for improvement.

I'll definitely play around with the low adjustment a bit more. Not being able to make the idle move with it messed me up.
That screw won't always do a whole lot with idle speed. Turn idle up a bit higher then richen it up till its consistent, then lower idle speed screw to desired rpm hope you trimmed your limiter caps or removed them completely. Your saw will free up more it may take a gallon or more tI'll it's loose

Limiter caps are the first thing to go. :laugh: I never started it at home before removing them. I'd clipped the tabs at first since I wanted to try using them for screwdriver guides, but they're in the trash now. Can't tune a saw with those, and I'm not burning one up in winter because I can't get fat enough.

Just replace my tank vent and fuel filter on the 360t. It was vapor locking at low throttle and idle now went to rich all across the bord some fiNE tuning and back out to make me the money

Got a new Oregon chain and made a new outlet pipe out of 3/4" and now it'll only drop to 11,8K leaning on it in that same log. Couldn't bring myself to spend $22 on a 52 tooth loop of Steal.

This thing is going to be fun when I get past the first tank and actually break it in. :p

Got a new Oregon chain and made a new outlet pipe out of 3/4" and now it'll only drop to 11,8K leaning on it in that same log. Couldn't bring myself to spend $22 on a 52 tooth loop of Steal.

This thing is going to be fun when I get past the first tank and actually break it in. :p
It won't be free till you got a gallon or so through it. But youl love it and the stihl 201t crew will be hating saying they have dull chains or dirty filter

Back