New ms250 vs echo cs490 vs stihl 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course ebay doesn't have a service policy but they do have a return policy for defective merchandise. Anyway I haven't used anybody's service department ever for any chainsaw I've had, new or used. I've asked a few questions here though, mostly about specific parts for saws, part numbers and such.
And a lot of us that are answering questions on here are dealers. Hmmmmm...........Weeeiiird

People who don't know much about chainsaws and only have one saw tend to run ethanol fuel in them and then leave it in the saw until the next time they use it. I've worked on lots of saws that have the fuel left in them for more than a year or two and the owner always says "it ran okay the last time I used it".

One of the most common issues with homeowner saws, when brought in the gas is rotten, so is the fuel system and they all think the saw just needs a tune up.

And a lot of us that are answering questions on here are dealers. Hmmmmm...........Weeeiiird
I think since I've been on this board I've answered three times more questions than I've asked. That's the way it works for all of us.. I've also had dealers ask me about certain saws, probably not the ones they sell but who knows..

This is the latest one brought in for just a, can you get it going again, I don`t know why it stopped running, job..

fvgQD3qv_QncwsacEox04x-hivUydmgMMqhCs3P5QtfAknJs8g=w272-h204-p-no
XlOB3xkhekOKMAuJH-8rK1O54eWd0Ft4AeraJteUlUbnLcGdFA=w272-h204-p-no
m-gJY6y38kqWt69zFy-oKv49ENXkqgD4J1iorMSlMSxI4WJVpA=w298-h222-p-no
0PgMcfpmciohHSKuAFJFzOWAA5j-y_T4jPzm_mX44a4ZIvgM-g=w273-h204-p-no

Home depot is the only dealer near me I didn't want to pay 350 plus tax I've bought two new saws and loads of parts off my stihl dealer and still do
He doesn't carry echo so I don't want to hear I don't support my local dealers and I service my own equipment anyway.

Home depot is the only dealer near me I didn't want to pay 350 plus tax I've bought two new saws and loads of parts off my stihl dealer and still do
He doesn't carry echo so I don't want to hear I don't support my local dealers and I service my own equipment anyway.

Same never had a dealer help me in any way work on the stuff myself anyways

I bought a chainsaw off a guy once who told me it needed a fuel line and they were almost impossible to install. I bought the saw for almost nothing (his price) and installed the fuel line in a few minutes and had a great running saw.
I just did the same with a Husky 137, but I sold it back to the owner because I have too many saws. While I was at it, I increased the size of the fuel line and bored out the hole to the tank so it would fit. His saw now runs better than the day he bought it.

Back