Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm kinda dumb...just warning you...the line is only in the oil tank right? It just delivers oil from the oil tank (not crankcase) thru the opening to the bar I thought. No real heat or misery there. The duckbill valve is what takes the beating and not the line. How long did it take your line to get brittle? I would think it should last a few years. Like maybe 3 years.

about 2 it gets real hot in there oem ones last a long time......its messy and a pain to change it so 2 years is not going to cut it..... i think a rubber one will last longer.... one way to find out LOL

Power to weight ratio, you can't beat this one
27e023797cd76ac3722663619ff14982.jpg

The 306a I have has sprung a leak. It's the fuel tank gasket what's the odds of finding one?

Arts and crafts yesterday with Daddy. Poulan 1800. Pawn shop find with all the things wrong with it that you expect. image.jpg It got him off that iPad for a day. 102 degrees outside so I brought it in the house. I must have made 10 trips to my shop bringing in tools and stuff. It was good for the kid (age 12) to get his hands dirty and use some tools. Rebuilt the oil system, replaced fuel line and filter, greased the clutch stuff, new air filter. Coached him through the things he could do and did the things he couldn't. I let him run it at the end of the day. Fellow dads, I highly recommend it.

Nothing better in the world than that! Mine is 10 and loves helping on a few on the ones we've found at the scrap yard. Works way more than just the thumbs that way. :) keep up the good work!

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

70033927dd5702539b4399ba9bbb3c1d.jpg
here's a phot of my dad's old poulan that doesn't go anymore next to one of our smaller saws. I can't remember the model of the popular but I know it is 60cc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought that it did surprisingly well. I never ran it stock. Bought it off CL for 20 bucks and tore it down immediately. Hogged the squish down to .022, made up a intake setup for looks and winged it on a expansion chamber. It's all fun and that's all I'm interested in anyways. Everyone that has run so far gets a big grin.

Back