Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My little Craftsman cleaned up nicely. New fuel line and filter and took off on the fourth pull.
d2191e1acc247049d2fbd517a3ac217d.jpg
88ba4861152281132f67440f1e30cc1f.jpg

Thanks, Brian
That is sure a clean one. I have a question I have been wanting to ask for some time.

Do those US edition Craftsman's have plastic clutch covers? I have always noticed a colour tone differential in many photos of this version of the series between the cover and the case halves. Interestingly, all of my four Canadian issue 3400-4000 have magnesium/chain brake covers. It does make them heavier for certain.

That is sure a clean one. I have a question I have been wanting to ask for some time.

Do those US edition Craftsman's have plastic clutch covers? I have always noticed a colour tone differential in many photos of this version of the series between the cover and the case halves. Interestingly, all of my four Canadian issue 3400-4000 have magnesium/chain brake covers. It does make them heavier for certain.

All the US Craftsman's that I have across have plastic clutch covers. Red ones included. The green versions, of saws in that series, I have found 3400 & 3700 used metal covers. 4000 used plastic, along with the PP375 & 395. Ones with brakes might be metal. Not sure. Just what I have seen.

Gregg,

Well I have done it now. One of my 5200 is leaking fuel from the bottom of the tank. The corrosion is to much for it. Need a new tank

Duck Tape and bailing wire. :)

Steve

The inside panel in our fridge developed a crack, near the bottom shelf that holds soft drink bottles. My wife asked how much a new panel would cost because the entire door panel would need to be replaced. I responded, "I have no idea, but a few strips of Gorilla duct tape shouldn't be more 25 cents."

The inside panel in our fridge developed a crack, near the bottom shelf that holds soft drink bottles. My wife asked how much a new panel would cost because the entire door panel would need to be replaced. I responded, "I have no idea, but a few strips of Gorilla duct tape shouldn't be more 25 cents."
I read this aloud and my wife agrees, tape'er up! I believe her actual quote was, "The crack on the inside of the door? F the dumb stuff. Why'n the h*ll would you spend good money on a new panel?!? That gorilla tape should hold it just fine!" Haha

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Hello Gary, not yet but you will be the 1st to know when I do so. Just need to thin the heard some so I can breath again. Selling lots of my NOS parts as well.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
If 100 mph tape is good enough for the military to patch airplane wings , why not a fridge. Just paint it white. :)

Steve

It's in the bottom left corner on the inside of the right-side door, pretty much hidden unless the door is nearly wide open. If my wife doesn't like the black Gorilla tape on white plastic, she's quite welcome to paint it.

I read this aloud and my wife agrees, tape'er up! I believe her actual quote was, "The crack on the inside of the door? F the dumb stuff. Why'n the h*ll would you spend good money on a new panel?!? That gorilla tape should hold it just fine!" Haha

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

I like how your wife thinks!

Did Oregon ever sell a 3/8" rim type drive sprocket for the Poulan S25DA series?

Part number?

I know they sold a 1/4" pitch 9 splined rim drive set up for a while.

UPDATED: Eccentric had the 3/8" 9 spline rim nailed down as a #22580, so you can just swap that into a 1/4" drive set to build one up. 7 tooth is going to run faster/lower the torque over the 6 T spur though...

:dizzy:
Am I seeing things, or does this "NEW NOS" 245A muffler look used, or a mix of new & old parts? I don't mean simply a little beaten-up from years of being moved around in a shop.

I'm posting the link since I'm sure that most of you have already seen it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161767579404?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Yes, the dents around the left corner of the muffler body, and the wear on the bolts would lead me to believe it has been somewhat used.

BTW, I tried looking for that post you have in your sig, and I'm not sure what I'm looking for?

Latest posts

Back