Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bore would be .005" larger than the piston diameters I posted.

The rings for the 225 are still available from Poulan.
any
so im not sure what model the yellow one is bought with out side case halves.... so i think its a pp225.. but could be a pp25 or a pp200....anyone know how to tell?like marks on the cylinder???i know some came with a thick ring like the pp180.....

He

Hey Tim!! Hows everybody been these days? I don't get on here much anymore it seems. Will have to change that.
I havn't bought a new saw in ages, havn't even looked for one. LOL Probably missed a slew of bargain old Poulans on here or the Bay. ;)

Gregg,

How ya been doin buddy? I don't get on here much anymore either Gregg. Really like the red Ford and the "green" saws. Right now my Fords are blue but my saws are still green but one little orange husky.

Was out and knocked the cob webs off my 5200 Sat. morning. We went back to buck up some of the wood we pulled out of the woods last week. I used my 5200, which hasn't been touched since the last Poulan GTG we had here, 2 years ago. I had put the saw on the shelf, never even wiped it off. :eek: It acted the same way my 4200 did last week. So poured just a bit of fuel in the plug hole, an away we went. Ran great from there on. Even had to refuel before I was finished. Started and ran great rest of the time.

I decided to keep the 30" bar on it, since the wood was 30" also. Was a very stout and heavy Ash tree. My sister and her friend Kevin worked on some of the smaller wood. He used a Wild thing and the 4000 that I put together for him out of spare parts couple years ago. I brought my 4200 & 380 along also, but never used them. I bucked the two larger logs and then went to watch football! LOL I remembered to take a few pics and videos this time.

woodASH%20008_zps3hmxvqmh.jpg

woodASH%20014_zpsodhhumo5.jpg

woodASH%20017_zpsuduqtyrt.jpg

woodASH%20006_zpszuplqgd4.jpg

woodASH%20007_zpsulr2diqp.jpg

Gregg,

Video...maybe lol

Gregg,

I was goofing around on youtube and just found those videos about 10 minutes ago and was watching like this ---
th

I guess that is the kind of face you get when you are watching chainsaw videos and have CAD.

Your saws are in such nice shape and GREEN that I absolutely knew it had to be one of you guys! Logged on here to ask who it was and the videos are posted. NICE!!!

Picked up this 3.7 at an auction Saturday for $5. Cleaned the card and gave it a bath and muffler mod now it runs great. Got a air filter on the way,now to find a good bar.View attachment 453066View attachment 453067 View attachment 453068View attachment 453069 View attachment 453070

Nice work on the muffler. Also...you have a thin ring 3.7, ie a true 3700. These saws imho run stronger than the thick ring 3800s. I have run mine with a 28" bar no problem thru maple

The Echo 4500 is pretty impressive.

When I had ran the PS and PS3 saws first I thought dang they are pretty slow. Then I ran the 6700 and thought ok not the little guys at all, that dry harden wood is a good stick.

Then I ran the 415 and that put the smile on my face :D. :yes:

The 3800 and 6700 are on par with each other IMO. Wish I had my 4000 to throw in there instead of 3800, but its gone.

Think I will send the 3800 and 6700 down the road next chance I get.

I apologize in advance, forgot all the info you guys gave me. Been super busy with work, life, etc. Where would you look for a hand guard for a Poulan 360 and a carb kit?

When I had ran the PS and PS3 saws first I thought dang they are pretty slow. Then I ran the 6700 and thought ok not the little guys at all, that dry harden wood is a good stick.

Then I ran the 415 and that put the smile on my face :D. :yes:

The 3800 and 6700 are on par with each other IMO. Wish I had my 4000 to throw in there instead of 3800, but its gone.

Think I will send the 3800 and 6700 down the road next chance I get.
I actually thought the 6700 was the slowest and the 3800 was faster. The 4500 seemed real strong compared tothe other two. Is is stock? Selling a 4000 on the Trading Post but no interest so far. Piston not great but it runs strong.

Latest posts

Back