Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually thought the 6700 was the slowest and the 3800 was faster. The 4500 seemed real strong compared tothe other two. Is is stock? Selling a 4000 on the Trading Post but no interest so far. Piston not great but it runs strong.
That is a nice 4000 you have there. It does seem a little slow on the Trading post as I haven't gotten any nibbles on my little Craftsman either.

Just got a free 3700, needs a good cleaning. Does anyone have a service manual? Would like to strip it down and give it a going over.

Steve
Yea. Lot of guys like to make stupid jokes or comments it seems. Will stick iit on Ebay later and put a lower but it now price.
seems like it goes in cycles. Remember a few years ago the 3450 3750 330 3700 4000 saws were getting big $$$. But you, Gregg, mike mark me etc were doing write ups all the time pics and vids too. I swear that drove up the demand. Maybe it's still like that on as, I was gone all summer

Yea. Lot of guys like to make stupid jokes or comments it seems. Will stick iit on Ebay later and put a lower but it now price.

I'm no expert Bob, as I have never sold a saw! :eek: You might want to hold your price if you put it on ebay. I have seen some 4000's go for some crazy $$$ before on there. Probably not, if you or I were selling, but you never know. Have seen them fetch $400 before. Crazy I know. To me though, they are worth as much as an equivalent "modern saw". But to some, lack of parts availability no doubt hurts that. I LOVE a good 4000!:heart:

Gregg,

Nope. Not much last night. Feeling it now.

Its hell to reach "geezer" status ain't it Tim. :( I have that problem as of late it seems. Trouble sleeping at night, get up early, then about 2 hrs. later feel like you could go to sleep standing up.

Gregg,

Ha my 7 month old was doing backflips in our bed from 2am to 4am. My alarm goes off at 5

Its hell to reach "geezer" status ain't it Tim. :( I have that problem as of late it seems. Trouble sleeping at night, get up early, then about 2 hrs. later feel like you could go to sleep standing up.

Gregg,

Yes it is not all good being a geezer to be sure. I feel for Joe as our kids were terrible sleepers. Up 6 or 7 seven times a night until after they were two years.
Not that bad yet.

I ran a 3700 against a J'red 630 and a Homie XL-76 yesterday in some hard dry ash. The 630 felt the strongest and the 76 and 3700 about the same. I used the same bar and chain and took vids to time them but the 3700 and the XL-76 videos wouldn't work. I'm thinking the sound get gets out of sync with the video part due to excessive noise.
I've had that issue with three cameras and I'm wondering if I'm cutting in close quarters is causing the sound to bounce around a lot (which I found out can cause this issue).
The 630 is by far the quietest of the three and maybe that's why that video survived.

All fun to run and good cutting saws to boot.

15af55e2e49b5383363892132ae96023.jpg
Hope this loads

Steve

I actually thought the 6700 was the slowest and the 3800 was faster. The 4500 seemed real strong compared tothe other two. Is is stock? Selling a 4000 on the Trading Post but no interest so far. Piston not great but it runs strong.

3800 stock, 415 stock, 4500 stock, 6700 stock with slight mm under deflector, bigger 8000 carb.

Back