$1,300

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingsixx

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
If you had that amount of money to spend on a chainsaw/bar/chain combo what would it be? The money would be for ONE saw brand new, not used.

Interested in hearing what you boys think.

If i made the purchase now it would be a 390xp with some brand of 28" lw bar, not sure which and whatever money was left would go towards a woods port job by one of the fellas here. If i waited, ms661 mtronic.

Throw in a couple extra $$ and get . . .

A ported 562XP and a ported T540XP - Perfect saw combination with the latest and greatest

Well thanks for the replies so far. Seems the 441 and 661 are favorites. Curious, what are the differences between the 660 and the 661?

Santa was extra nice to me and left me a gift certificate to the local power tool dealer which also happens to be a top level Stihl dealer. So the money has to be spent :D. Just wanna do it wisely.

Well thanks for the replies so far. Seems the 441 and 661 are favorites. Curious, what are the differences between the 660 and the 661?

The 661, which will be a nicely improved version of the 660, isn't out yet, not officially anyway. It would be worth waiting for but I don't have any idea when they'll hit the stores.

Hummm. Just myself, I'd buy a new 390xp for less than a 1000.00 and keep the rest for trading and beer money :msp_wink:.

Quite funny you have a 1300 dollar limit. I priced out a stihl ms461 with a Lightweight 28" stihl bar, half wrap handle, Dual port muffler cover and 3 spare chains, it came to 1301.61 with sales tax!!:D

I'd get the saw I used to have when I was on the logging crew....Husqy 390XP with 28" bar. Here's yours truly with it a few years ago....

wirlu1.jpg

Back