346's are now NLA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still have or did you already order them :hmm3grin2orange:

Haha! I was thinking about that, but I already have a couple in stock. They don't move too well, but if they were the only ones left, then guys would grab them. Hmmmm, maybe I should jump over there right now and get 'em.

No way I'd order the Trio's. But the truth is that it's really not as intrusive as it looks. I limed out a tree with one and never trip it, or even noticed that it was there. Only time I tripped it was when bucking a log on the ground.

Haha! I was thinking about that, but I already have a couple in stock. They don't move too well, but if they were the only ones left, then guys would grab them. Hmmmm, maybe I should jump over there right now and get 'em.

No way I'd order the Trio's. But the truth is that it's really not as intrusive as it looks. I limed out a tree with one and never trip it, or even noticed that it was there. Only time I tripped it was when bucking a log on the ground.

That makes sense! :msp_smile:

I watched that video through, boy I never use the brake, I see the point of safety that whenever he is not using the saw to cut he puts on the brake - like moving the branches out of the way - how many of you all do that? I don't think I ever did that, sure it is safe - maybe I will start - funny I just started wearing chaps recently and I experienced the worst kick back ever - not the chaps would help with that, I was wearing my helmet and visor, anyway how many of you activate the brake whenever you have the saw in your hands and do something else like moving branches or fresh cut logs out of your of the way?

Last edited:
I watched that video through, boy I never use the brake, I see the point of safety that whenever he is not using the saw to cut he puts on the brake - like moving the branches out of the way - how many of you all do that? I don't think I ever did that, sure it is safe - maybe I will start - funny I just started wearing chaps recently and I experienced the worst kick back ever - not the chaps would help with that, I was wearing my helmet and visor, anyway how many of you activate the brake whenever you have the saw in your hands and do something else like moving branches or fresh cut logs out of your of the way?
I never do. As long as the engine is tuned properly and the safety interlock on the handle is working, I see no need.
I know that people that are in the habit of constantly tripping the chain brake will eventually wear it out. I've seen a lot of MS460/440's/372's with worn/loose/missing brake pins and dead brakes.:msp_wink:

I have two rules about setting the brake. Whenever one hand comes off of the saw, and whenever I take more than two steps. This subject has been hammered to death on this site. Once you get in the habit of setting the brake it becomes second nature. I don't really put any concentration into it. Of course, this is one of those "choice" things, like wearing a helmet when you ride a motorcycle.

For those questioning, look up the OSHA injury diagram for chainsaw use and notice the number of hand injuries. How would you cut your hand if the brake was set?

I have two rules about setting the brake. Whenever one hand comes off of the saw, and whenever I take more than two steps. This subject has been hammered to death on this site. Once you get in the habit of setting the brake it becomes second nature. I don't really put any concentration into it. Of course, this is one of those "choice" things, like wearing a helmet when you ride a motorcycle.

For those questioning, look up the OSHA injury diagram for chainsaw use and notice the number of hand injuries. How would you cut your hand if the brake was set?

I agree 100000%... "stupid" or not, loose footing, moving or moving brush etc... what damage does it take to set the brake and know the chain cant move. i'm not putting my body in jeapordy over something simple... And once it was beat into my head for my job, it is second nature, don't realize I "took the time" to set the brake...

It becomes purely instinctive. I follow the same principle, whenever one hand comes off or when my feet travel. Brake parts are wear items as are clutches etc.... they all wear over time and require regular inspection and upkeep.

When my oldest was 12 he wanted to cut wood. One of the two do not break rules he had was I had to be with him and when he wasn't cutting the brake was set he only broke the brake rule once he didn't get to run a saw for two or three weeks and had a sore back side for a little while. I think the not running the saw had more effect.

Husqvarna 346xp is not "over hyped". They really are That Good. I don't hate Dolmars, in fact I own one, however not a 510X, allthough if one fell in my lap, I'm sure I wouldn't throw it away. But Husky Really hit a sweet spot with the 346. It's the truth. It's real. It will be legendary.

Husqvarna 346xp is not "over hyped". They really are That Good. I don't hate Dolmars, in fact I own one, however not a 510X, allthough if one fell in my lap, I'm sure I wouldn't throw it away. But Husky Really hit a sweet spot with the 346. It's the truth. It's real. It will be legendary.

Very Well Said and so true!!! :msp_biggrin:

The 346xp might be good, but it sure isn't the answer to everything, contrary to what many here on AS would have others believe.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take one too if I felt the need and the right deal lined up. That being said, there are plenty of great saws out there and I'm happy with mine.

Every thread where someone asks about saw A vs. saw B, and folks hijack into saw C the 346xp cures all that ails. What crock. No such thing as one solution fits all.

You guys who believe that can keep sipping your kool-aid.

Latest posts

Back