346XP ne vs. Dolmar 5100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure they are......

..one thing that hasn't been adressed here is the way better air filter system of the Husky - but imo the Dolmar one isn't a problem with proper maintenance......:popcorn: :popcorn:

Say again, troll? I reckon we use our 5100's more than you, and the filters stay plenty clean.....That said, 346 filters collect less debris than any saw I've ever used...but the 5100 seems 2nd best.

Last edited:
Say again, troll? I reckon we use our 5100's more than you, and the filters stay plenty clean.....That said, 346 filters collect less debris than any saw I've ever used...but the 5100 seems 2nd best.

LOL - I actually said it isn't a problem, but the difference is clearly evident.......

Some people have posted about problems with them here at the AS, but we have had none.

Last edited:
The nearest numbers I have are the Ohio Spring fling and the 8x8 popular the stock 5100 was over 5secs slower than the modded 346's. There was one modded 5100 (how much I don't know) and it was over 2secs slower. I've never stop watched my 5100's against the Husky because they just aren't in the same ballpark. As much as I like the feel of the 5100 and enjoy running it in stock form I can't imagine it ever attaining the performance of the Husky. But as I said earlier for the price its a great saw and probably does very well comparing to a stock 346 as some have attested to.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

The 346XP is THE 50cc saw.

I love to see Dolmar vs Husky feuds.

Lets have a Sergio Leone saw shootout in the town square at high noon. 14" doug fir logs will be there ready to cut. Stock saws, razor sharp chains on 18" bars. Dolly vs Husky. Saw cowboys in chaps and gloves staring each other down, twitching and ready to cut.

Clint Eastwood's Mal Paso Productions film crews will be standing by. Hell, we could even have a 3-way saw shootout with the 260, and settle the entire score. We will shoot the scene just like in The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. "Badges? We don' need no steenkeeng badges!"

Stihl (The Good):
attachment.php

Dolmar (The Bad):
attachment.php

Husky (The Ugly):
attachment.php

I love to see Dolmar vs Husky feuds.

Lets have a Sergio Leone saw shootout in the town square at high noon. 14" doug fir logs will be there ready to cut. Stock saws, razor sharp chains on 18" bars. Dolly vs Husky. Saw cowboys in chaps and gloves staring each other down, twitching and ready to cut.

Clint Eastwood's Mal Paso Productions film crews will be standing by. Hell, we could even have a 3-way saw shootout with the 260, and settle the entire score. We will shoot the scene just like in The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. "Badges? We don' need no steenkeeng badges!"

Stihl (The Good):
attachment.php

Dolmar (The Bad):
attachment.php

Husky (The Ugly):
attachment.php
Then I'll take the ugly.:monkey:

:popcorn: :popcorn:

The 346XP is THE 50cc saw.

Sure it is, all things considered, but that doesn't mean that it beats the 5100S for all applications - just for the most important ones for a 50cc saw, namely handling and throttle response......:clap: :clap:

The 260 is the lightest one, but way down on power, specially the US version - and a couple other issues due to the fact that it is a relic.

The best in one's eyes may differ from another......

Best thing you said in a long time, but what you mostly are doing is pure brand bashing, disregarding the individual qualities of each model - that simply appears :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: to me, and surely lots of others.

I have nothing against Stihl in general, but they have very good, good and less good (even bad) models like the other top brands - nothing special with Stihl.

Last edited:
Best thing you said in a long time, but what you mostly are doing is pure brand bashing, disregarding the individual qualities of each model - that simply appears :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: to me, and surely lots of others.

LOL, the pot calls the kettle black again. What that statement really meant is I love my 026s. They are light, balance out perfect with a 16", have plenty of power to pull the 3/8 16", and I know they will run forever. But I know you think the 026 is not worthy, so here is a :monkey: for you also!

One of the reasons I'm putting off running the 5100 is I might like it too much. The 346 just feels like a cheap slinky to me, but it's #1 in your eyes.:dizzy:

Latest posts

Back