346XP ne vs. Dolmar 5100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for some reason nobody seems to want to bring a 5100 out to play, all they want to do is talk what a great saw it is.

:greenchainsaw:

and when they do (in stock form).....It will be kicking a$$ and takin names. :)

Where the Dolmar shines is that it has great torque, along with screaming rpms.....That's why it can handle the 3/8 20" setup like the class champ it is. :givebeer:

yawns!!!

truth be told they dont want to get beatdown by my Husky 455 rancher let alone a 50cc Redmax(lil' devil!).

I've put the invite out quite a few times to anybody that wanted to run a saw against my stock 5100.
Just name the date and time.

Hence

Where the Dolmar shines is that it has great torque, along with screaming rpms.....That's why it can handle the 3/8 20" setup like the class champ it is. :givebeer:

Hence why I tend to lean towards the Dolmar's as of late... I find the cross between speed and torque the best of Stihl and Husky. I was used to running old hogs that you could sit on and they'd eat wood. Alot of newer saws seem to die when you lean on'em a bit. Stihl's just chug away, Dolmar's seem close. NOWWWWWW, until you hit the 70+cc husky, they are dogs... Press on'em and they smoke and choke. My old 266XP is a great saw as well as my 288XP. Both good combos. My 044 and 036 are super, but much slower and have alot of torque. The Dolmars are fast, super smooth, not more vibe than holding a vacuum cleaner, and you can dawg in and watch the chips fly. My .02...

:popcorn:

I like'em all as long as they cut and don't break down... :)

The wifey has a little MS-210 but for some reason keeps grabbing my little PS-510 and I can't drag it out of her hands, lmao...

Last edited:

The husky heads know the 5100 is the baddest small saw out, even after the second attempt on the 346, it remains the top preformer. Now gettting them to admit that is another quest...

It takes a modded 346 to beat a stock 026 and 5100, although a fast one, it's not saying much for the husky.:monkey:

By the way I have been runnin' an 028Super and an old Jonsered 49SP for firewood saws. Both very respectable 50cc class saws.

The 5100 now that it's broke in smokes em'

Troll,
You have both the 5100 and the 346NE. What's are the actual weights of the two. This seems to be one of the major issues of the OP.
I'm not Troll but i'm going to reply to this. I have both and both wear an 18" bar. Just picking them up and moving them around in the shop for now, the 346 feels lighter. Maybe just me though.

What? Where did those numbers and figures come from?

His 044 and 460 were 1.1 seconds apart, 1.1 seconds come on bud get a grip.

watch the videos and put a watch on them for yourself mate. my stopwatch was showing pitty on the oldboy, yes i know as bizzar as it may sound to some ole' wanab was showing pitty on a stihl.

LMAO!

I'm not Troll but i'm going to reply to this. I have both and both wear an 18" bar. Just picking them up and moving them around in the shop for now, the 346 feels lighter. Maybe just me though.

That's because they put bigger gas and oil tanks on the Dolmar, cause once you start runnin' it you don't want to put it down..........:clap: :chainsaw:

yawns!!!

truth be told they dont want to get beatdown by my Husky 455 rancher let alone a 50cc Redmax(lil' devil!).

:spam: :spam: :spam:

I've put the invite out quite a few times to anybody that wanted to run a saw against my stock 5100.
Just name the date and time.

Scooter, you have and I see no one jumping to take you up on that offer......:cheers:

watch the videos and put a watch on them for yourself mate. my stopwatch was showing pitty on the oldboy, yes i know as bizzar as it may sound to some ole' wanab was showing pitty on a stihl.

LMAO!

You are just rambling on and splitting hairs now.:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

That's because they put bigger gas and oil tanks on the Dolmar, cause once you start runnin' it you don't want to put it down..........:clap: :chainsaw:
That might be! lol I guess i'm just lucky and have both and enjoy running them both. I put a 5/8 pipe on the 346 and havent done it to the 5100 yet. I am going to though, then i can let them have at it again and see which is faster. Gotta keep it fare.

That might be! lol I guess i'm just lucky and have both and enjoy running them both. I put a 5/8 pipe on the 346 and havent done it to the 5100 yet. I am going to though, then i can let them have at it again and see which is faster. Gotta keep it fare.

How many tanks have run through that 5100?
Mine started talking after about 15.Really comes alive once she got groke in.Muffler is modded.

How many tanks have run through that 5100?
Mine started talking after about 15.Really comes alive once she got groke in.Muffler is modded.
Yea i need to mod mine too cause the way they are now the 346 beats it quite a bit. I 'm sure the 5100 has more tanks though.

The nearest numbers I have are the Ohio Spring fling and the 8x8 popular the stock 5100 was over 5secs slower than the modded 346's. There was one modded 5100 (how much I don't know) and it was over 2secs slower. I've never stop watched my 5100's against the Husky because they just aren't in the same ballpark. As much as I like the feel of the 5100 and enjoy running it in stock form I can't imagine it ever attaining the performance of the Husky. But as I said earlier for the price its a great saw and probably does very well comparing to a stock 346 as some have attested to.

The husky heads know the 5100 is the baddest small saw out, even after the second attempt on the 346, it remains the top preformer. Now gettting them to admit that is another quest...

It takes a modded 346 to beat a stock 026 and 5100, although a fast one, it's not saying much for the husky.:monkey:

:monkey: :monkey: Waaaay off as usual my friend!

Last edited:
Back