346XP ne vs. Dolmar 5100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it mostly comes down to what feels good in your hands.
My 5100 has a more solid feel and sounds like a pisssed off Bumble bee with herpes.
But my 028S feels lighter, balances better and sounds like a ferrari.

Which do I like better? Both.

Which is faster? Haven't a clue....

But I did find out today that the Dolmar won't hold up to an 045 that I fixed for a buddy today.Spanked her real good in about 22" cherry.

My 5100 has a more solid feel and sounds like a pisssed off Bumble bee with herpes. ....

Agree, my "problem" with the 5100 is that it feels about like the 361 in my hands, and doesn't have nearly the same power - the 346xp feels much more nimble - but that's just me.....:)

It takes a modded 346 to beat a stock 026 although a fast one, it's not saying much for the husky.:monkey:

Wake up! You're havin' a wet dream again!:dizzy: I have a really nice 026, and it cuts like my 353, but both are way behind my 50cc 346xp. That's not to say that they aren't all great saws and handle nicely, but the 346xp is head and shoulders above in power.

;)

attachment.php

What? Redmax doesn't even get bars labeled with their own name?:confused:

Do us all a favor, and take that thing to the other side of the mountains and spank 2K for good!:hmm3grin2orange:

What? Redmax doesn't even get bars labeled with their own name?:confused:

Do us all a favor, and take that thing to the other side of the mountains and spank 2K for good!:hmm3grin2orange:

The redmax pole saws are coming with GB bars and the G5000 I got in a couple weeks ago came with a power match Oregon.

I just want a saw that will start each time, is not too heavy and will have parts available if I should need them. It's easier to find Stihl parts around here, but that might not hold true elsewhere.

Wake up! You're havin' a wet dream again!:dizzy: I have a really nice 026, and it cuts like my 353, but both are way behind my 50cc 346xp. That's not to say that they aren't all great saws and handle nicely, but the 346xp is head and shoulders above in power.

I know the 346 is faster you 'tard, even with both in stock form.:monkey:

If you read the other threads you will see where your buddies ported 346 beat my muff modded 026. It sounds like you have condemned my 026 though, is this the case?

If you read the other threads you will see where your buddies ported 346 beat my muff modded 026. It sounds like you have condemned my 026 though, is this the case?

not my buddy, wasn't it THall that took a likin' to 'em?:monkey: ....and I like my 026, but my vision isn't so clouded so as to only see Stihl orange and cream:popcorn:

misrepresenting a saw as stock and flogging a muffler modded one isn't exactly honest, but was funny:hmm3grin2orange:

It could only happen in NC where DNA tests aren't legal because its all the same:monkey:

not my buddy, wasn't it THall that took a likin' to 'em?:monkey: ....and I like my 026, but my vision isn't so clouded so as to only see Stihl orange and cream:popcorn:

I run what I like and the orange and cream colored ones run great over this way, may be some Dolmar red in my future but that's about it. Would you like to buy me a 346? I take donations......

I run what I like and the orange and cream colored ones run great over this way, may be some Dolmar red in my future but that's about it. Would you like to buy me a 346? I take donations......

I scraped the coins together to buy my own 346xp, and the others....and I have several brands, but not a Jred...yet. My Dolmars are blue.

I sent my donations to Spike60, and he's supposed to send me an 066.:clap:

My 5100 has a more solid feel and sounds like a pisssed off Bumble bee with herpes.
But my 028S feels lighter, balances better and sounds like a ferrari.

Which do I like better? Both.

Which is faster? Haven't a clue....

But I did find out today that the Dolmar won't hold up to an 045 that I fixed for a buddy today.Spanked her real good in about 22" cherry.
But......you had fun. Right?

True! :agree2:

misrepresenting a saw as stock and flogging a muffler modded one isn't exactly honest, but was funny:hmm3grin2orange:

although it might be funny, its unlikely thats what happened.

oh my stock, muffler modded saw got beats by a ported saw. oohhh, my stock saw got beat by another a saw that was claimed to be stock but must have had work done to it.

again, the same pattern of denial over and over and again unlikely what really happened.

:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back