361 modded muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sav270

Reaction score
Does anyone have a source for a 361 modded muffler. I just bought a saw and waiting for it to be delivered. Dont have the supplies for doing the welding and would rather just buy a mod muffler.

Last edited:
Here are the pics of the muffler I could be convinced to part with. I have a spare I can modify for myself or you can send me yours in exchange for this one.

It is a Lakeside Mod with a 16mm screen and clamp.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Brian

The lake style is the best 361 muff mod out I think, very easy to make and very functional. Although I have lost my screen somewhere.......:dizzy: :cry: :chainsaw:

I even did that mod on my Dolmar 7900. Only thing is paint dont stick at ALL to the Dolmar 6400/7900 mufflers! I make a true 45 degree angle, the pipe is cut with a jig, and I hollow out the inside diameter as much as is prudent.

Does zinc or other type of plating or coating on the muffler or exhaust pipe affect the brazing process?

The zinc (not on stihl pro muflflers) wiill burn off.. but.. it's very bad for you to breathe.

Hit it with the flame, then wire bush of the residue, then braze.

Last edited:
Back