372xp weight compared to ms460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your right Troll:bowdown: Both are nice saws none the less!

You absolutely cannot go wrong,,, with which ever one you get!!!!

I went back to 460s when they quit making the XPWs. I really miss the XPW, you can get real good gains, with a unique torque band as well. Lighter, smoother and cheaper.

I just picked up two XPW's!!!

Last edited:
I went back to 460s when they quit making the XPWs. I really miss the XPW, you can get real good gains, with a unique torque band as well. Lighter, smoother and cheaper.

It bothers me a bit that the 75cc ones are referred to as xpw, as there was a lot of 71cc xpws before the 75cc ones appeared! :msp_wink:

I have limited saw experience but have run a 460 briefly and it felt very rough in comparison to my little husky, it had gobs of torque but seemed to not rev as high. Is the 372xp generally known as a smoother operating saw than the stihl or does it just come down to ford vs chevy type stuff. I sawed next to a buddy with a ms260 and a ms290 my little husky seemed to impress both those guys my only mod is a ported muffler. Anyway I guess I should just stick with the brand I know and buy a used husky just wish the 365 would have panned out.

I have limited saw experience but have run a 460 briefly and it felt very rough in comparison to my little husky, it had gobs of torque but seemed to not rev as high. Is the 372xp generally known as a smoother operating saw than the stihl or does it just come down to ford vs chevy type stuff. I sawed next to a buddy with a ms260 and a ms290 my little husky seemed to impress both those guys my only mod is a ported muffler. Anyway I guess I should just stick with the brand I know and buy a used husky just wish the 365 would have panned out.

The 372xp definately is a much smoother running saw, no comparison at all! :msp_wink:

Oilslick if you were happy with, and wanting a 365, you will be more than happy with a 372. Almsot the same just more beans get it man you will be pleased.

Yeah its totally in the hands of the beholder. I personally like the 044/440 better than the other two discussed, but ohh well. To each their own.

Yep you are right, eye of the beholder. For me I always wondered and pondered on the 372, owning a sweet 044 already. Now I got both! Also agreed the 44-440 is sweet!

Neither of those weights are true though - more like 6.25 kg vs. 6.5. :givebeer:

The weight spec of the 460 were raised when the 441 came out, to conseal that the 441 was heavier.
6.1kg for the 372xp and 6.6kg for the 460 in the OZ Catalogue, powerheads unfueled. the 441 is 6.6kg to.

I used to own 2 372xp's and still have one, ran the ms460 as well as the 044,all wearing 24" bars and either .058 or .063 ga and full chisel , I like the huskys better, but all were G OOD saws that are very well built but require some common sense upkeep from the owners as with anything mechanical, recently bought a 576 and if you can find one of these in your price range I think that you will like it VERY well but if you don't have a 372xp, well than you need one of these TOO!!!!

Thanks for all the info, sure is cool to know I am not the only one around that is geeked up on burningwood and owning kick butt tools for cutting it!! This site is pretty cool.

The 372 with small dawgs and flush cut handle is a touch over 14 lbs. The xpw saw is right at 15 lbs and about even with the 460 in weight. I think the 372 feels better balanced when tossing it around making felling cuts.

223214d1328973306-375xp-jpg
View attachment 223214

The 372 with small dawgs and flush cut handle is a touch over 14 lbs. The xpw saw is right at 15 lbs and about even with the 460 in weight. I think the 372 feels better balanced when tossing it around making felling cuts.

I tend to agree w/mike on this one,, my 372 is a 365 special with 372 XP/PC it has the smaller dogs and flush cut handle when I used it felling that last stand of pine we cut I was using it sided by side with my newest 372XPW,,, it definitly felt more nimble than the Wrapped version w larger hardware

I've got a 365 Husky with a ported 372 top end here on loan from someone right now, running a 20 inch bar. I've run a ported 460 for about a half hour with the same size bar and chain...let me tell you, there is no comparison at all between these two saws, in my opinion.

I'm a Stihl guy, and that Husky is really changing my mind. It raps up incredibly fast, and has the same power, with what feels like worlds less weight. I believe it only had a handful of tanks put through it before I got it, and its really waking up now. I've put 12 through it so far.

It's convinced me enough that I cancelled my second M-Tronic 441 order and I'm rethinking my Stihl only plan. The closest Husky dealer to me is 40 minutes away, and I have a very good relationship with my Stihl dealer and I'm still seriously considering a 372 if that says anything about what I think of it.

Back