50:1 v 32:1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have another idea. Don't put any oil in and see if you can find a condition (adjustment) where it DOESN'T burn up.

as stated before nothing does just one thing but a major part of the cooling is provided by the fuel.oil is for lubrication (yes it must do some cooling)

Carbon will destroy a saw quicker than anything else. I recommend using no oil at all. There are pleny of additives in modern gasoline;):sucks:

Brad you are so behind the times! Gasoline is a dirty fuel it will cause build up in your saws and ruin them. LOL I cant believe you didnt know that! I run pure alcohol in my saws no oil residues and they stay as clean as when brand new.
Lord have mercy do I have to tell you guys everything!

Brad you are so behind the times! Gasoline is a dirty fuel it will cause build up in your saws and ruin them. LOL I cant believe you didnt know that! I run pure alcohol in my saws no oil residues and they stay as clean as when brand new.
Lord have mercy do I have to tell you guys everything!

I run my saws on propane. No residue or carbon build up. It burns clean, very low emissions too, LOL. I have a backpack that holds the barbque size tank with a hose that goes down my right arm to the saw ..... I can cut for 2 hours without a fillup.

My other setup is an electric saw with a car battery in my backpack. If you don't include the electric powerplant's emissions there are no emissions and very, very little carbon build up so far, LOL.

In my 2 strokes, I run a 32.635985321475252 : 1.156 ratio of brake fluid (Dot 4) mix to 100LL it has a smooth smell with little to no aftertaste.

Everyone does it a little different, we must all learn to accept the differences in others, LOL, BS.

Sam

My other setup is an electric saw with a car battery in my backpack. If you don't include the electric powerplant's emissions there are no emissions and very, very little carbon build up so far, LOL.

Sam

Gee you would think you at least know to use a small powerful battery from a nuclear reactor! Car battery LOL!

Run straight gas as rich as you want and see if it don't burn up.

We could do this all day and not get anywhere-read above post # 187.
oil is the lubricant ,if the saw had some other way of lubricating itself it could run on straight fuel -much like a four stroke engine.

Last edited:
56 on a bender....same ol' ****:hmm3grin2orange:

Yup. When he keeps his snoot out of the jug he's not really a bad kid. He's made some good and sensible posts on AS and he's usually pretty reasonable.

Maybe he ought to grow a little more hide...and give the hootch a good leaving alone. It's sure not his friend.

And just to keep this on topic...I mix about forty five to one, give or take, roughly, sorta kinda. I'll retune for major elevation changes but I've had good luck with the way I mix. And I run my saws hard.

Last edited:
Yup. When he keeps his snoot out of the jug he's not really a bad kid. He's made some good and sensible posts on AS and he's usually pretty reasonable.

Maybe he ought to grow a little more hide...and give the hootch a good leaving alone. It's sure not his friend.

And just to keep this on topic...I mix about forty five to one, give or take, roughly, sorta kinda. I'll retune for major elevation changes but I've had good luck with the way I mix. And I run my saws hard.

No doubt,I've seen great posts from 056.The benders are just unfortunate.

And I guess I'll throw in my .02, 5.2 fl.oz.of Stihl ultra in 1.9 gallons 93 octane premium,sans ethanol when I can get it.

You guys slosh a little mix back into the oil bottle to get the last few drops out? I do if I have time. If not, well, that's where the "forty something to one" figure comes from. :greenchainsaw:

You guys slosh a little mix back into the oil bottle to get the last few drops out? I do if I have time. If not, well, that's where the "forty something to one" figure comes from. :greenchainsaw:

I usually do, I try to get everything done in the shop but when I get lazy or forget I do the beast I can. I run 50:1 ultra, never had any problems. But i do get all the oil out I can usually.

Old softy eyolf is wondering if 056Kid got notice that nobody's buying right now, and they won't be needing anything harvested for a while. The comments about full-time saw jockeys being better than everyone else kind of give it away.

Some guys just can't say "don't mind me, I'm having a bad day".

as for oil:
I know a guy who guesses 3 to 4 oz/gallon by the clear strip in the side of a quart bottle, and swears that's good enough.

Maybe it is: he seems to get by.

Old softy eyolf is wondering if 056Kid got notice that nobody's buying right now, and they won't be needing anything harvested for a while. The comments about full-time saw jockeys being better than everyone else kind of give it away.

Some guys just can't say "don't mind me, I'm having a bad day".

as for oil:
I know a guy who guesses 3 to 4 oz/gallon by the clear strip in the side of a quart bottle, and swears that's good enough.

Maybe it is: he seems to get by.

In reality it comes down to what works for the individual. Iv mixed 2 stroke oil for my bike my whole life, i like just pouring in a bottle shaking and sawing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back