550XP's shipping this week!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't found that they have enough compression to do such a thing. Then again maybe I don't like swinging a club at my saw that hard?

Niko is from Norway though TK. They club everything in those parts, its second nature :)

Got a 3/8 18" setup on my 2153 and it's a great runner. Nice not having to carry different files for it and the bigger Stihls.

325 is for stihls and wild things that won't pull 3/8". :potstir:.

We need a video from some one in this thread that's got a 550. I'm mean you've had them 4 days now.:hmm3grin2orange:

I haven't found that they have enough compression to do such a thing. Then again maybe I don't like swinging a club at my saw that hard?

You need to put some "sting" into the stroke, a slow one will just push the engine over! :biggrinbounce2:

325 is for stihls and wild things that won't pull 3/8". :potstir:.

We need a video from some one in this thread that's got a 550. I'm mean you've had them 4 days now.:hmm3grin2orange:

Spike must have some puter issues. That, or he went to the woods with the 550, and is having so much fun he's still out cuttin :)

I have a hard enough time taking pictures let alone shooting vids :D

Just maybe I can find some time to goof off at the shop this week, but that is doubtful. I know someone who can shortly post up some pics/vids though.

Spike must have some puter issues. That, or he went to the woods with the 550, and is having so much fun he's still out cuttin :)

Just been mighty busy @ the store. :msp_w00t:

I did run it some more on Sunday morning.

Took it home and plugged it in to the diagnostic tool. Learned all kinds of things. I've started it 16 times and I have 29 minutes of run time on it. The maximum carb temp was 114F. How many seconds at full throttle, and at idle. Pretty cool. Don't know that it's all that useful, but it's pretty cool.

Power still seems equal to a stock 346, although I didn't have one with me Sunday. Still need to play with these things before drawing too many conclusions. Vibes, weight and handling are as good as it gets. I think there'll be some more power as it breaks in, but I don't think it will be an "Oh wow!" thing where it blows away the 346.

Sophisticated, sure. Useful? Like Spike said it's neat but not sure what else other than that :msp_w00t:

Maybe It tells when to change the oil and filter after so many hours. :msp_w00t:

SO is the diagnostic tools a dealer item only? :)

Maybe It tells when to change the oil and filter after so many hours. :msp_w00t:

SO is the diagnostic tools a dealer item only? :)

I don't even have one yet :confused: Not even sure I need one other than to weed out the liars from the honest customers, trying to tell me they only ran the saw once since last time and it don't run right..... And I can plug it in and see 50 hours on it :msp_rolleyes:

Just been mighty busy @ the store. :msp_w00t:

I did run it some more on Sunday morning.

Took it home and plugged it in to the diagnostic tool. Learned all kinds of things. I've started it 16 times and I have 29 minutes of run time on it. The maximum carb temp was 114F. How many seconds at full throttle, and at idle. Pretty cool. Don't know that it's all that useful, but it's pretty cool.

Power still seems equal to a stock 346, although I didn't have one with me Sunday. Still need to play with these things before drawing too many conclusions. Vibes, weight and handling are as good as it gets. I think there'll be some more power as it breaks in, but I don't think it will be an "Oh wow!" thing where it blows away the 346.

Sophisticated, sure. Useful? Like Spike said it's neat but not sure what else other than that :msp_w00t:

You didnt have your face shield down, your seat belt on, and your having too much fun ! Big Brother in the chainsaw. LMAO

It is gonna be useful for company owners to see how much the saw is used in an 8hr day. Big Brother indeed... Russ

I am really looking forward to seeing some of you guys get some run time on these 550's. I dont need another 50cc saw, but I would like to get my hands on one. Who knows, I may end up adopting one.

Thats neat! I didn't realize the electronics were that sophisticated on the ATs!!

I assume that part of it is more useful for those that haven't just ran the saw themselves, like techs etc?

A neat thing is that the software can be updated to the latest version, if the dealer has the equipment......

There has been several threads about this, but maybe not on this forum?

I'd suggest it is actually more from a warranty point of view to benefit Husqvarna and Husqvarna dealers. For example in Australia we get a 12 month commercial (professional) and a 24 month domestic (homeowner) warranty on Huskies (and even Stihls if I remember correctly?). If you bring your saw in after 14 months with a warranty issue and it has been started 2000 times with 1000 hours on it it becomes painfully obvious you ain't no weekend cutter.

For example a local guy who blew a 5.7L Chev Gen III motor in an Australian SS Commodore after 10,000km tried to claim a warranty with Holden (owned by GM). The computer analysis showed he'd downshifted (in a 6 speed manual box) from 5th gear to 2nd, not 4th. The engine got "buzzed" (over revved on the downshift) so he lost his warranty and had to fork out AUD$12,000 for a new motor. Of course he knew this but tried to pull a swifty over Holden.

Big brother can be bad but in some cases it's also a good thing as some people simply can't be trusted to be truthful when asked. Sort of like "No I didn't straight gas that chainsaw, I've always added oil, honest!" :D

Back