550XP's shipping this week!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worst thing is though Andrew the 441's feel fat as well ;)

(uh oh, better run and hide)

That was the issue from the outset, and also carried over to their smaller saws.....:msp_mad:

Husky managed to change that development though, after the 575/576xp! :msp_tongue:

Last edited:
That was the issue from the outset, and also carried over to therir smaller saws.....:msp_mad:

Husky managed to change that development though, after the 575/576xp! :msp_tongue:

Depends on the model Niko. Their 200T/201T is WAY better balanced than the 338XPT and their 241C balances nicely too. I do agree that the 346XP/353 feels nicer than the MS261 but the main reason I disliked the MS261 in stock form is because it is just plain boring to use.

There are a few usefull tests that you can run with this thing, such as throttle sensor, temp sensor, and fuel valve tests. The RPM breakdown might be helpful to some of the guys doing the heavy modding. Wide open throttle run time is broken down into 2 categories, speed greater than 12,000 and speed between 6000 and 12000. It does the same for part throttle, and of course idle time has just one number. They all add up to thel run time for the last run ie, since the last start. The total run time numbers are cumulative. It also tells you the max RPM of the last run, in my case it was 14,133. That may represent a rev-boost number for all I know, but I'm still learning here.

I suppose, (but don't know for sure), that anybody could buy one, but they are not cheap at about $400. Also keep in mind that while you'd be able to ready everything, you won't have access to the software updates, should there ever be any.

I could see where these companies will be able to interface in real time from their tech department with a Dealer and assist with any diagnosis requested, like "live chat" for instance. This could be very helpful for Dealers/Techs that don't stay on top of things like the Dealers on AS site, who take the time to research and share between each other.

Depends on the model Niko. Their 200T/201T is WAY better balanced than the 338XPT and their 241C balances nicely too. I do agree that the 346XP/353 feels nicer than the MS261 but the main reason I disliked the MS261 in stock form is because it is just plain boring to use.

It remains to see how it will be with the 543xp vs. MS241, and the T540xp vs. MS200. Stihl did make at least one design mistake with the 241......;)

It remains to see how it will be with the 543xp vs. MS241, and the T540xp vs. MS200. Stihl did make at least one design mistake with the 241......;)

Yep they should never have coloured it white and orange. If it was only orange it would be a great little saw :D

Sounding like everyone likes the 550. The 346 will be forgotten by next week.:beer:

Well, first tank of gas, so I have a comment.

This saw is a ripper!!!!!

:)

I got about 5 minutes on mine today between the rain.... :rock:

Can't really compare a broken in saw to a new one, but it feels about the same as my 346 powerwise. Super smooth it is too! Gotta to figure a way to mod the muffler....it needs it :dizzy:.

I snagged a bunch of 346's, thinkin of stowing one away for a rainy day in the future :D

550's are looking to be $560ish and up for list prices. Husky knows their new saws can command the same prices as their Stihl counterparts while outperforming them, no need to be priced less after all lol.

I snagged a bunch of 346's, thinkin of stowing one away for a rainy day in the future :D

550's are looking to be $560ish and up for list prices. Husky knows their new saws can command the same prices as their Stihl counterparts while outperforming them, no need to be priced less after all lol.

I'm a fan of Stihl from way back, but thats the honest truth. They have been ahead with AV and filtration for awhile now. If you get used to running a Husky and then go back to running a Stihl it will jar you to death. These newest Huskys have just stomped the competition. The 562xp is "the perfect" 60cc saw and I think this 550 could be the same way. I'd like to run one because I do like the ms261 an awful lot.

What gets me is, why is'nt Stihl even trying to compete these days. Do they have some secret tech they're going to release? I hope so, because if not then they are going to be coughing up dust.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Stihl from way back, but thats the honest truth. They have been ahead with AV and filtration for awhile now. If you get used to running a Husky and then go back to running a Stihl it will jar you to death. These newest Huskys have just stomped the competition. The 562xp is "the perfect" 60cc saw and I think this 550 could be the same way. I'd like to run one because I do like the ms261 an awful lot.

What gets me is, why is'nt Stihl even trying to compete these days. Do they have some secret tech they're going to release? I hope so, because if not then they are going to be coughing up dust.

I'm just being a weeny when I say husky is smoking Stihl, they have some great saws of top notch quality for sure. Husky just seems to be making a hard and fast techno leap at the moment, Stihl will be right there with them soon. Hopefully. Husky does have a looooot of saws coming out in the next 6-8 months, should make things real interesting for a while.

For me, a died in the wool Stihl guy, the 261 just didn't stack up. For one I think it is somewhat plain looking, a lot having to do with the shared parts from lesser models. The weight is a non-plus, and the feature set is lacking. Stihl knows how to build great saws, but to me the 261 should weigh less than an 026, not more. I think Husqvarna knocked it out of the park with the 550XP.

Latest posts

Back