Anyone Port a MS 362 C-M???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a ms362 that i bought new. It's not the auto tune but i suspect the cylinders are similar.

I muffler modded the saw first. HUGE improvement. Stock is really choked down. I deleted the base gasket and ended up around .019" for squish. Minor improvement.

Lastly I took out the die grinder and opened up the exhaust port and matched the muffler to the exhaust port. There wasn't much to be done to the intake side, just not room. I also cleaned up the transfers and strato ports.

Overall I am happy with how the saw runs.

I would love to try gutting the strato and swapping carbs. A custom adapter would be needed. Based on what I have seen with the 261 I suspect it would work for the 362. As stated by the OP, just not much love for the 60cc class on AS.

OP, start with a MM. If you screw it up a new muffler is cheaper than a new cylinder.

I have a ms362 that i bought new. It's not the auto tune but i suspect the cylinders are similar.

I muffler modded the saw first. HUGE improvement. Stock is really choked down. I deleted the base gasket and ended up around .019" for squish. Minor improvement.

Lastly I took out the die grinder and opened up the exhaust port and matched the muffler to the exhaust port. There wasn't much to be done to the intake side, just not room. I also cleaned up the transfers and strato ports.

Overall I am happy with how the saw runs.

I would love to try gutting the strato and swapping carbs. A custom adapter would be needed. Based on what I have seen with the 261 I suspect it would work for the 362. As stated by the OP, just not much love for the 60cc class on AS.

OP, start with a MM. If you screw it up a new muffler is cheaper than a new cylinder.

There is a lot of love for 60 cc, but it all goes to the 562 XP. I think the MS 362 C-M is really being overlooked, it is a great running saw. My only mod so far is to remove the Muffler Screen. Judging from the density of it, air flow likely increased 100%. If I go for other work, it will be done by a professional. If you get to use a saw with M-Tronic, I think you will be impressed.

If there is a NY GTG that Adirondak and I both go to, I'll bring my Uncles 362c-m so we can "see" which is quicker. Only problem is I've run Adirondak's 044 so I wonder how stock his 036 is : )

I have not run the C-M.
But based off the original, I thought it was under powered for the weight. I'm not sayin it won't out cut an 036, it just does it with a lower power to weight ratio.
Gnome sayino_O

I have read that the new c-m version 362 is a little lighter, has more power, has better filter like the ms261 c-m, and has significantly better anti-vibration than the original 362 "turd' - o_O :p .... I will get my hands on this saw to compare for weight soon. For bucking firewood, I like more torque than absolute highest RPM, so this Stihl appears to now be in the 60cc running again.

What I want to know is does the new ms362 c-m also use the same zama EL46 carb that the 562xp is now using that is causing some issues for some 562xp owners?

Latest posts

Back