Anyone Port a MS 362 C-M???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If thats how you feel about your saw , thats great , just dont run a 562 and you will be fine ..you will continue to post daily about it in an utter state of bliss and stay happy , and thats what its about anyway !

lol - I'd like to hear what your impressions are of the 362 c-m again, after it has had some tanks through it. I have a feeling it may have more torque that might suit me better than flat out crackling rpm's, which are supposedly the same for both saws anyway. Sure be nice to have a dealer with a BIG log in the back, some demo saws and who is not afraid of computers.

Im not stating that a 362 cm is a bad saw..i like stihl saws , speed doesnt make a saw better..but in general stihl saws dont handle as well and are a tad slower ( in most cases not all ) m tronic at this point seems less problematic than auto-tune ..ported 441 m trons seem to be the shizz for power in 70cc saws..but they are a little rough in the handling dept..if you buy a 362cm for firewood duty im sure you will have no regrets at all..go buy it

Hell I bought a 362 CM just because I love the air filter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Noone is knocking a 10mm 044 , i had one as well its a nice runner , your beloved 362 is getting knocked , and its great you like it were all happy that you do , it doesnt handle as well as a 562 nor is it as fast , accept it , that doesnt make it inferior , it just is what it is

I believe your assessment is sincere based on your experience, but I also believe it is incorrect. You can go to my review that was posted on the Stihl website a while ago and see that I was not impressed with the 362 on the first tank of fuel. In fact, I was disappointed. But when it broke in it got a lot stronger, and I know what a good running saw feels like. I am not knocking the 562, I know it is a great running saw, but I will be very surprised if a broken in 362 C-M does not run right with it. Also, removing the Muffler Screen may have helped my saw, but I'm telling you it runs. If it didn't I would say so, I do not work for Stihl. There is another member on this site that owns one of each. He said they both cut about the same, and he should know. If he owns one of each, why would he be bias? So you are telling me that your experience of running a saw once before it is broken in, and on the 1st tank of fuel, is more relevant than someone who owns both saws and has run the both often? With all due respect, I don't think so.

I also hefted both a 362 and 562 side by side in the store and did not notice any significant difference in handling. However, the 362 is a good deal lighter than the 044.

MustangMike

My 261 runs " right with " my 2153 but its not as fast ..im starting to think stihl should sell some KY lube with their saws instead of mix for " happy " customers..im glad you like your 362 thats ultimately what matters..im sure it will port very well, go get it done and then start an oil thread for a ported 362cm and we can do this all over again :dizzy:

m tronic at this point seems less problematic than auto-tune

ya less problematic AND strong performance for A 60CC saw is what has me looking real hard at this 362c-m saw, but before anyone jumps up and starts waving their arms saying 'the 562xp problem is with the carb, not the autotune' ........ I got that part ;)

now that, and strong performance, is what has me looking real hard at this 362c-m saw but before anyone jumps up and starts waving their arms saying 'the problem is with the carb, not the autotune' .... I got that part ;)

Dont take my word for it..ask around..my friends with auto tune saws havent had an issue..nor have "I" , but it seems theres more gripes just in general with auto tune as opposed to m-tronic, dealer support, dealer support, dealer support

My 261 runs " right with " my 2153 but its not as fast ..im starting to think stihl should sell some KY lube with their saws instead of mix for " happy " customers..im glad you like your 362 thats ultimately what matters..im sure it will port very well, go get it done and then start an oil thread for a ported 362cm and we can do this all over again :dizzy:

I don't make references to KY lube, etc when the facts don't support my position. Max RPMs on both 362 C-M and 562 XP is 14,000. Max power for 362 C-M is at 10,000, for the 562 it is 9,600. Published #s alone don't really mean the much, but I still believe that your assessment of the 362s capabilities was pre-mature based on using a saw that was not yet broken in. That is not insulting you, it is just a fact. My 441 cut very strong from day one, my 362 did not, it needed break in. Just the way it is. Stihl manual for the 362 say 5 - 15 tanks of fuel for full break in. Any testing before that is pre-mature and not really relevant.

I don't understand the Husky bias this forum in general has against Stihl. The very same crowd that always talks about "creamsicles" and "blinders" are perpetuating those same behaviors on the Husky side.

The standard MS 362 stock was very similar in power to the 562 XP stock. So I don't understand when people say the 562 smokes a 362. The 362 stock is also more powerful than a stock 361. I don't understand the comments here.

Im not bias against Stihl i still have my 200/201 and 361. Husky's just feel better and less bulky to "me".

Sent from my Autotune Carb

I like hearing the good comments about the MS 362 CM: I just ordered one from my local dealer.

:clap:

Latest posts

Back