Anyone Port a MS 362 C-M???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im not bias against Stihl i still have my 200/201 and 361. Husky's just feel better and less bulky to "me".

Sent from my Autotune Carb
I couldn't agree more.

But at the same time, I feel that Stihl has a better build quality, and are a more durable saw for use in day after day production work.

All legitimate.

362 (non-CM) is a ****. I Hate this saw, and his air filter. Heavyer than the great 361. 361 was the first saw capable of replacing the 440/372 (lighter, smoother, economic) for me.

Then, i had buy a Husky 560 to replace my 362. And this saw was incredible. Lighter than the 362, smoother, and far more powerful.

I like Stihl as well as Husqvarna and Dolmar, and i really hope that the 362 CM will be at the level of 560/562. But I can already say that the level of maneuverability, the 562 remains largely better. And the 560 is still the lighter modern 60cc saw!

I would love for someone to measure both the 362 and 562 and post the dimensions. I compared them side by side in the store and did not see any difference. Would go back and take a picture if I had the time, but too busy right now. I only have time to post now because my client is late. The weight difference is minor. Conversely, the difference between a 362 and either the 044 or 441 is very noticeable. Perhaps I've just been lifting 70 cc saws for so long that anything lighter just feels great to me. In my opinion (from lifting both saws in the store) the difference between the 362 and 562 is minimal, while there is a greater difference between the 261 and 550.

I would love for someone to measure both the 362 and 562 and post the dimensions. I compared them side by side in the store and did not see any difference. Would go back and take a picture if I had the time, but too busy right now. I only have time to post now because my client is late. The weight difference is minor. Conversely, the difference between a 362 and either the 044 or 441 is very noticeable. Perhaps I've just been lifting 70 cc saws for so long that anything lighter just feels great to me. In my opinion (from lifting both saws in the store) the difference between the 362 and 562 is minimal, while there is a greater difference between the 261 and 550.

I'm not just talking about the weight and size of the saw. The anti-vibration system is better I think. And the outboard clutch makes the saw more balanced. JMO

I haven't fondled the 362 c-m yet (waiting on dealer's shipment to arrive) but I have read that they are a considerable upgrade to the plain jane bulky 362's.
Evidently slimmer, better ergonomics, better anti-vibration, more power, better filter, etc.

I like MasterMind's conclusion of "Stihl has better build quality, and are a more durable saw". That's worth carrying a 1/4 pound more in weight to me.

My verdict, and new saw hopefully coming this week, if/when the dealer's palette of saws arrive.

I like MasterMind's conclusion of "Stihl has better build quality, and are a more durable saw". That's worth carrying a 1/4 pound more in weight to me.

Well, I guess stihl fans need to cling to something.

Well, I guess stihl fans need to cling to something.

:laugh: don't shoot the messenger

I'm tempted to buy a Stihl just for the sheer pleasure of telling you guys about it :p

I'm not sure there is anything wrong with buying a 362 if you are a Stihl guy or a 562 if you are a husky guy. Sounds like Mike is very happy with his saw. That's great. When I'm cutting wood I'm usually not thinking about whether the saw I'm using is the best, fastest lightest saw out there anyway.
If the 441 and the 661 are examples of what's to come, the differences between the two brands will become mostly color, price, and the perception of durability/solidity.
That made no sense, sorry

I'm not sure there is anything wrong with buying a 362 if you are a Stihl guy or a 562 if you are a husky guy. Sounds like Mike is very happy with his saw. That's great. When I'm cutting wood I'm usually not thinking about whether the saw I'm using is the best, fastest lightest saw out there anyway.
If the 441 and the 661 are examples of what's to come, the differences between the two brands will become mostly color, price, and the perception of durability/solidity.
That made no sense, sorry
If you blindfold most on this site (me included) put a running saw in their hand and had them put it in wood, chances are they would have no idea what brand or model they were using.

Latest posts

Back