AOD needs a BIG saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, thanks to carvinmark I am now the proud owner of a very badass and lightly used 395XP with two 32" bars and one 24" bar. I haven't had a chance to run it yet, perhaps tomorrow, but all I can say is wow, this saw is freakin awesome and I can't wait to get it into the wood.

I did figure out I can pick it up and hold it overhead at arms length with one hand on the rear handle, but I don't think I will be trying a cut like that anytime soon.

And I would love to put this thing head to head with an hot 066 at the next GTG.

That saw was hard for me to say goodbye to. It was one of the best saws I have ever owned but I am sure it will be well taken care of by AOD. This was done for my pursuit of another 460 and now I will find one.
AOD is a heck of a nice guy, when I delivered the saw to him, he treated me and the ole lady to lunch too (not any of those angry whoppers,lol).
Enjoy the saw but I would keep it under your head, one handing it may prove to be pain full.

That saw was hard for me to say goodbye to. It was one of the best saws I have ever owned but I am sure it will be well taken care of by AOD. This was done for my pursuit of another 460 and now I will find one.
AOD is a heck of a nice guy, when I delivered the saw to him, he treated me and the ole lady to lunch too (not any of those angry whoppers,lol).
Enjoy the saw but I would keep it under your head, one handing it may prove to be pain full.

Thanks again Mark. It was cool hanging out. This weekend I might get down to the city forestry dump yard and try it out on some big maple and elm down there.

Congats on the new saw. I had a feeling you would end up with a 395xp. I love mine. It will flat smoke my stock 066.

Do you have pix?

You will like the 395 if it preforms anything like the 394 I picked up. It will make your arm longer but it sure as hell eats the wood.

Operation Report.

Well I got to take the 395 out an play with it for the first time today, and all I can say is, wow! This saw is awesome. Me and my friend Jesse went down to our towns forestry dump yard and tore into some big red maple. I fired it up and sunk it into a nice 30" round and watched the chips fly! It's awesome being able to pull a 32" bar through a big round with the same speed that my 55 pulls a 18" bar through a 10" log. I cut a few big rounds off of one log and then rolled them onto a flat area and ripped them into quarters. That was fun. I also got a 24" bar and full comp chain for my 575, which really makes that saw well balanced and cuts sweet. On the way there I kicked myself for forgetting my camera, oh well, perhaps next time.

All I could say was wow also after I ran my modded 395xp for the first time. The only thing more amazing than it's power is how smooth it is.

Mines pretty smooth too. It appears to still be stock, I might do a light muffler mod on it and richen it up. I plan on running it a lot so I don't want any mods that are too extreme. Seemed to rip through the big red maple rounds without much hesitation. Can't wait to sink it into some oak.

Mines pretty smooth too. It appears to still be stock, I might do a light muffler mod on it and richen it up. I plan on running it a lot so I don't want any mods that are too extreme. Seemed to rip through the big red maple rounds without much hesitation. Can't wait to sink it into some oak.

It's all stock, just a real strong runner. I never modded it cause it has great power as it is. Glad you got to run her.

Aod

If you are coming to Iowa to visit Mark you need to be prepared for several things. First of all you will find one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Second he knows a huge amount about saws, and Mac's in particular. Third he has one of the best shops, both in equipment and setup as well as cleanliness that I have ever seen. Fourth, you have never seen anything cut till you have used a SP125, after using Mark's at the Rienbeck GTG I had to have one, and it is on it's way right now, Ebay find. Have a great time. JR

Back