Best all-around sub-$300 saw w/ 16" bar for homeowner?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
Thall, Thall…. Why so upset? Because Husky sold a saw and Stihl didn’t?
Because someone finally came to his senses and turned the boat anchor down?
The guy wants a good saw that won’t kill his back, a saw that revs, a saw without aPOS filter system, without POS anti vibe system , a saw that looks nice, that sounds nice, that radiates performace evolution and R&D work, and for a price only 60USD more new than a underpowered, overrated, ugly, vibrating, fuel consuming, dust sucking monster that suffers from severe overweight, bought on EBAY!. We’ve had the discussion before Thall and every time anyone says something negative about the 290 you put your Stihl dealer hat on and starts barking and yelling. I think people have seen it before…

I turned the 455 down too you know? This is no Husky/Stihl thing, it’s someone having a rotten attitude...

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: I love getting you riled Peter and sure doesn't take much, only the facts,LOLOLOL

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
Partly true, but the 390 is here, and totally unimpressive - it has "cheepie" written all over it, and no-one seems to want that crap......:biggrinbounce2: ;)

The 390 has never been a real seller in my area, thats for sure. Before they put compression releases on them I used to get calls about what a bear that thing was to crank. Haven't sold a 390 in so long we don't even bother stocking it now. Between the family of saws, the 290,310 and 390 the 310 would be my choice. Sold a bunch of those and people like em alot, much more peppy than the 290. Course Peter would hate all three and thats ok. I like pushing his buttons,wink!

Latest posts