Best saw builders for high performance pro work saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who builds the best high performance suspenders?????

y2unasa8.jpg

I miss that guy. :(

Don't miss the butt crack though. :laugh:

That is a good question! I think
Randy,Terry,Scott are all at the
top of the game!! I think with them
3 it would all boil down to the chain
and the wood.

Careful- I mentioned them three among others on the first page and the thread went to hell.:hmm3grin2orange: should give us another 10 pages tonight though. :msp_thumbsup::cheers::popcorn:

Last edited:
As I indicated earlier, a large part of many gains likely come from the muffler mods and carb mods. Some of the porting work shown on here likely is (at least partly) counter-productive, even though the saw gained power after all was done. Of course it is impossible to prove what works and not, when several changes are made more or less at the same time.

unpossible

HTH:jester:

I am trying so hard to save 1 qt for football tomorrow. :msp_mellow:

Speaking of football i heard a good joke about the Lions today. What do the Detroit Lions and Billy Graham have in common??

They both can make 40,000 people jump up and a yell JESUS
CHRIST!!!

wow my brain hurts after all this... i think the main question is what saw what use. then search for builds of that saw from the builders and pick each one and read it...pretty darn simple to me. i will say though don't just go for the most compression, go for the saw thats been dynamically balanced with porting and timing and all that stuff. the balanced saws have much more torque, you may sacrifice a few hundred RPM up top but u gain a whole 1000 rpm thats usable torque underneath. good luck with your pick!:rock:

You forgot at least one that is a sponsor; ECsaws.

I'll second that one!!

On a 346XP anyhow. Grunts about the same as a buddys unmodded MS361, now that Eric tweaked it.

No starting wierdness or carb goofiness either.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Latest posts

Back