Best saw builders for high performance pro work saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wait 15 more years and you will find out that you DO feel young right now!!!!!
The day is coming when you'll WISH you could feel as good again, as you do now!

Mike

I got to stay late just 1 time at the poulan gtg to listen to your guitar Mike and hit a few jugs. Hope that made sense. ;)

[video=youtube;2IumNz3-8FU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IumNz3-8FU[/video]

What is that Niko?

I dinnit hear no names?

Some peoples panties are sure gettin' in a bunch eh?

It is no coincidence that there were no names, and I surely didn't mean to say that all sponsors are "no good". All of them has had their fine moments, but in some cases I suspect it is more about a "lucky strike" than with knowledge about what they are doing.

A prime exemple is the one that gets particularly good result with one specific saw model, and at the same time complains that he can't do what he wants to do with it (limitations in the basic design).What he doesn't understand is that those limitations keep him from overporting the saws, like he usually does...

Last edited:
It is no coincidence that there were no names, and I surely didn't mean to say that all sponsors are "no good". All of them has had their fine moments, but in some cases I suspect it is more about a "lucky strike" than with knowledge about what they are doing.

A prime exemple is the one that gets particularly good result with one specific saw model, and at the same time complains that he can't do what he wants to do with it (limitations in the basic design)......

C'mon Troll.

Most saws that get shown off the most, are pretty much Hot Rods stock.

A good tune and a good chain is all a man needs anyhow?

Simon (simonizer) did a fantastic job on my MS460, but Mastermind will be doing my next work. Lots of good builders on here, I don't want a dang cookie cutter, I want a strong azz work saw that will take hours of hard use in the woods, one day I'll try one of Terry Landrum's as well. I'm just not in the high rpm, cookie cutters running against a watch, but strong saws that will increase production at no or little cost to reliabilty.

C'mon Troll.

Usually a good muffler mod and a base gasket reduction to get the squish @ about .018 -.020 and raise the compression a smidge with a sharp chain and carb tune (as you previously stated) will make very noticible gains,,,

Simon (simonizer) did a fantastic job on my MS460, but Mastermind will be doing my next work. Lots of good builders on here, I don't want a dang cookie cutter, I want a strong azz work saw that will take hours of hard use in the woods, one day I'll try one of Terry Landrum's as well. I'm just not in the high rpm, cookie cutters running against a watch, but strong saws that will increase production at no or little cost to reliabilty.

Hows that Simonized 460 holding up???

Last edited:
C'mon Troll.

As I indicated earlier, a large part of many gains likely come from the muffler mods and carb mods. Some of the porting work shown on here likely is (at least partly) counter-productive, even though the saw gained power after all was done. Of course it is impossible to prove what works and not, when several changes are made more or less at the same time.

Last edited:
As I indicated earlier, a large part of many gains likely come from the muffler mods and carb mods. Some of the porting work shown on here likely is (at least partly) counter-productive, even though the saw gained power after all was done. Of course it is impossible to prove what works and not, when several changes are made more or less at the same time.

I've seen alot in the last couple years... And yes, you can mod yer ass off and not get the results you hoped for... Then I've seen 400 dollar mod jobs that were fine, but not worth 400 bucks... Then I've seen some real progress in some builders... What was a winner 2 years ago will not pass muster now...

Just sayin...
:msp_sneaky:

Latest posts

Back