best small saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is how I see the top handles echo good 192 better 200 best. I used to run an echo and it got the job done I liked it for small stuff. The Stihls are much better quality though if funds allow 192 is a good saw but 200 is top dog. I used top handles on the ground all the time I didn't have money to waste on needless saws.

how in the world can you have an echo in front of a 338 or even a 335?
i have run the echo top handle and the only thing i can think of that it would be good for is to use the thing as a chock block for your chip truck when its parked on a steep incline,fully loaded mind you, without the parking brake on and left in nuetral.

isnt your name husky, dave?

Last edited:
If an 019t is anything like a 192t, looks the same, best feature the sidewards handle, grunty enough with no clogged sparkscreens, a lighter 335 whips it for performance, echo don't even go there. With 019t's I had two, both blew up after a year or so of commercial stuff, they were about 1/2 price of 200's, you got 2 for 1 200, the 200 no comparison really

Sorry, not even close. The 192 is WAY WAY better! A LOT lighter and you can actually work on it..

RBTREE uses his 192t professionally... even when I tell him not to ;)

Last edited:
Synthetic 2 stroke they'll be right, here's this 19t handle on a husky again, keeps the left hand away from the chain and easy above the head to hold

sths.jpg

Husky 339xp Sucks!!

..at least it feels much better in my clumsy Arthritis riddled hands than the Echo saws (larger handles), and has more ccs and power as well.....:clap: :clap:

+ it obviously really is designed for one-handed limbing, by the look and feel of the rear handle - but of course they will never admit that....:monkey:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

how in the world can you have an echo in front of a 338 or even a 335?
i have run the echo top handle and the only thing i can think of that it would be good for is to use the thing as a chock block for your chip truck when its parked on a steep incline,fully loaded mind you, without the parking brake on and left in nuetral.

isnt your name husky, dave?

This is the only use I have ever found for an Echo
attachment.php

Olddirty I never ran a husky tophandle or met anyone that has period. The echo is cheap and a decent saw. I had one they work ok for tree climbing and I ran the piss out of mine. I didn't comment on the 338 because I didn't use one ever. I didn't say the echo was better. I ran the Stihl top handles and so did every other tree removal service in our city about 16 in all and they are better than the echo but my crappy echo paid for itself many times over and when the time came I upgraded. is the husky top handle better? I can't say I never had the chance to try one.

Last edited:
those prices have been updated.

I just talked to my dealer. He says the rear-handled 192 is not in his price book. He didn't even know they made one. When did it come out. I wonder if they're not available yet here in Ohio? Price on the 192T is $279 both rear and top 200 are $509. Is it really double the saw?

tell him to get up to date.

I am a jelly donut? (I think that's what the famous JFK statement literally translates to according to my friends there in Germany).

Your friends are pulling your leg a lil :the main meaning of a "Berliner" is of course a citizin of Berlin, but a berliner is indeed also the nick name for a jelly doughnut (which tastes very good btw), and which is quite popular in europe....

attachment.php

Last edited:
Husky 339 xp is a good option. Like the handles more than 338xpt, and the engine is very hard. Air filter is more easy clean than the 338.

Troll,i can't correct all your posts.

please remember to say 357xp next time.and the only saw that stihl makes better than a husky is the top handle.

Latest posts

Back