Beware of Suck Back!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So his intention for the smaller port is not to create an exit for exhaust gas but to relieve vacuum created by the exhaust gas rushing out the exit orifice?

Oh my that is good stuff, I bet John Force or Kenny Bernstein would just love to pick his brain on that subject.

Chuck

Actually I wouldn't find it so far fetched that it might be a good thing. Possibly creating some sort of scavenging effect. Something along the effects of why you get better preformence from dual exhaust when you install a balance pipe.

Actually I wouldn't find it so far fetched that it might be a good thing. Possibly creating some sort of scavenging effect. Something along the effects of why you get better preformence from dual exhaust when you install a balance pipe.

A balance pipe allows equalization between the two pipes because the pulses in each pipe do not happen simultaneously. If we're talking about a single cylinder chainsaw, both exhaust outlets are going to experience a pulse at the same time. I don't see the benefit other than it allows more exhaust outlet area, something a single opening would do fine. Maybe I'm missing something. :dizzy: :cheers:

A couple years ago, my wife went way out and bought me the
Stihl insect vacuum attachment. Part # BS4U2
It hooks right onto the muffler.
Used it many times on the deck while having friends over
for adult beverages. (beer). It's on my 088.
Just start it up, ducttape at WOT, flick the suck switch, and leave it run
in the middle of the deck. It's quite the conversation piece too.
What's real fun, is to watch the look on their faces when I try to get the mosquito buzzing around their head. PRICELESS. :laugh:

:sucks:

My wife (bless her heart), just the other day, for my birthday, in fact,
knew that our house stunk.
So, What did she do ???
Yup, bought the new Stihl Air Purification System. Part #BS4U2
Hooks right on to the muffler. Ducttape at WOT. right in the living room.
It sucks out all airborn allergies right out of the air.
I use it on the 088 for the whole house.
If I'm just doin the babies room, the 032AV will suffice.

:cheers:

NOTE: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME !!
IT'S ONLY A JOKE.

:monkey:

So, What did she do ???

IT'S ONLY A JOKE.

Dude, I sure wish I could rep you for those posts. Maybe someone will "hit" you for me. I have literally been laughing out loud through a lot of this thread!!

A balance pipe allows equalization between the two pipes because the pulses in each pipe do not happen simultaneously. If we're talking about a single cylinder chainsaw, both exhaust outlets are going to experience a pulse at the same time. I don't see the benefit other than it allows more exhaust outlet area, something a single opening would do fine. Maybe I'm missing something. :dizzy: :cheers:

:bang: :bang: :bang:

He's gonna lay some pipe, then he's gonna try and balance two????????:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

For the reacharound, you have to have handle bars like this-

262XPH003.jpg

Chuck

Um...I'll stick with the factory DP cover, thanks.

Dual-Port Muffler on eBay[/URL]

I am now having 'suck back' with a tall cool glass of cider, please, if you are an 'ametuer' don't try this at home as it may cause.................................
'blow front'............

Kk, I go now *hangs head*

Serge

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAA
LOL
LOL
LOL

Thats the most useless "modded" muffler I have ever seen. What is that, 1/4 inch outlet? I would guess it would be un-noticeable. The welding was pretty I guess.:hmm3grin2orange:

So, What did she do ???

IT'S ONLY A JOKE.

Your Wife buy those attachments too.

Last summer a Door to Door Stihl Salesman ( said he was from Virginia ).
Sold her the Stihl rotisserie attachment P/N run4it.

Well I thought this is a night to invite the neighbors over.
We had a couple beers in us and was arguing about how much bar-b-Q sauce
on the chicken in the basket. ended up being the whole bottle before all said and done.
Mosquito's started biting so I decided to hook the Stihl bug fogger attachment up at the same time.
Now the Stihl Manual says WOT for the fogger and Idle for the rotisserie, what would you do?
Thats Right, (with the proper deciphering and and the beer making me more wiser, while slapping My last mosquito). WOT it was.
The fog got so thick I could not see anything. All I herd was a bunch of screaming going on. so I turned the saw off.
When the fog settled down, all that was left in the basket was chicken bones.
the meat and sauce was pulled right through the basket. Everybody was covered in sauce and raw chicken meat. ( What a sight ).

The next day My wife called the Door to Door Stihl salesman and wanted to return the attachment.
The salesman said. "Oh NO, Your Husband has gots to Paaaaaaaay".

Back